Chapter 14

"Kian, please stop," Naomi sighed, irked that her boyfriend continued to try and paw at her all night, despite her protests. 

"You're no fun," he grumbled in response, taking a swig of his drink. 

The blonde shot him a look, annoying Kian even more. 

"I'll be back," Kian announced, draining his glass and heading off towards the restrooms. 

Naomi was spent and she wanted to go home. She didn't want to be here with Emily and Kian, especially not after she let it slip that she still loved Emily in a fit of anger. And to make things worse, Emily said the same thing. She still loved her too, and she found herself catching sight of Emily when she didn't mean to. But most of the time, she found Emily looking right back at her. 

And Emily was suddenly in front of her now, startling her as she stood on the dance floor. But Emily didn't say anything and was staring at her, making Naomi feel slightly awkward. 

"Hello? Emily?" she asked, trying to get the redhead's attention. 

And she did. Emily shook her head slightly, hardly even noticeable. "Hi."

It was cute. She felt herself her mouth pull upwards. "Did you need something?"

Emily was swaying a little, causing her to fall forward slightly, but caught herself by planting her hand on Naomi's neck. They were a lot closer than they were ten seconds ago and the blonde could feel her cheeks heating up. It was obvious that Emily was staring at her lips and she could see her pupils dilating due to the proximity of the redhead's face. But Emily was swaying again, so she reached out a hand to steady the small girl. 

"Stop me if you don't want to," she heard the words slip from Emily's lips. And so she decided right then that she had spent too long without kissing her. 

Naomi leaned forward, pushing her lips down to Emily's, and wow, she missed this. So she stayed there, feeling Emily deepen the kiss by tugging on her neck. They fell into a sloppy rhythm, Emily probably because she was too drunk to stand up straight, and Naomi because she had missed this so much that she didn't want to stop now. But then she heard it. 

"What the fuck?!" a gruff voice shouted. Naomi recognised it as Kian, immediately pulling apart from Emily and looking towards where Kian was standing. Fuck, fuck, fuck, no. 

"Kian, I can explain," Naomi begged, reaching out to grab his arm. 

"No," he sneered, backing up so he was just out of her reach, but stumbled as he did so. Some of those around them stopped dancing to watch the shouting. "Do you even know this girl?"

"I--yeah--Kian please just let me explain," Naomi insisted. She could feel everyone staring at her and it only made her want to run away faster. 

"No! Fuck you, get away from my girlfriend," Kian shouted now, stepping forward and shoving Emily so she fell back into the group forming around them. 

"Kian!" Naomi yelled, stepping in between them in an attempt to stop this from escalating more than it already had. 

"Get off of me," he growled, ripping his arm from her hold which caused her to trip backwards as well. "I'm leaving," he continued, shaking his head and stomping towards the door. 

"Kian, please just talk to me," she begged, but he was already headed out the door. "Fuck," she mumbled mostly to herself. "What the fuck are you all looking at?" Naomi yelled at the crowd that was still staring at her. 

She exhaled heavily and managed to push her way outside to the patio, hardly seeing Jordyn pass her on her way back inside. All she felt was guilt. This wasn't supposed to happen. She wasn't supposed to kiss Emily. Kian definitely was not supposed to see her kiss Emily. She wasn't supposed to ruin Emily's new relationship. Or her own. Everything was fucked up and it was all her fault. She's the one who leaned in. She's the one who didn't stop it. She's the one who told Emily she loved her.