Chapter 18

Naomi continued to throw up for the rest of the morning so Emily sentenced her to
bedrest (on the couch) where Emily brought her soup--that she didn't cook herself--and plenty of water. By midday, Naomi was feeling a lot better and even managed to convince Emily to tell her get some of her assignments done while Emily went to the studio for a late shift.

That night, Naomi cooked dinner and thankfully, no one died or got sick, which Naomi was sure to tease Emily about. Naomi continued to work on her articles while Emily watched a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy but retired to her room once she realised that Naomi wouldn't be joining her.

The next morning, Emily was on her way to take a shower when she found Naomi in the bathroom again. She sighed before dropping to her knees and soothing Naomi again.

"Well we know it's not my food that did that," she replied with a laugh.

Naomi just groaned in response. "I can't miss work today."

"I know," Emily murmured as she continued to rub her back. "How about I put some soup in a thermos for you? You only threw up twice yesterday. Maybe it'll be the same today."

"I hope so," Naomi pouted.

"Come on babe, let's get you cleaned up," Emily offered.

Naomi stilled. "Did you just?"

"Oh. Yeah."

"Okay," Naomi shrugged.

Emily exhaled deeply before helping lift Naomi to her feet. She flushed the toilet and wet a washcloth to help clean her up.

"Thank you," Naomi smiled as she sat on the edge of the tub.

"I'll always take care of you," Emily chuckled.

"Promise?"

"Of course. I'm not going anywhere," Emily pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Please don't leave me again, Em." Naomi looked up through her eyelashes.

Emily cupped Naomi's jaw and leaned their foreheads together. "I won't."

Naomi leaned up and kissed Emily's cheek. "I'd kiss you but I probably should brush my teeth first," she giggled.

"You're right," Emily laughed before pulling Naomi into a standing position. "And I need to shower for work, so get out!"

"Aw, am I not allowed to join?" Naomi smirked as she watched Emily turn red before she grabbed for her tooth brush.

"You hate shower sex," Emily shot back, trying to sound confident.

"Only because we slipped that one time and I had a bruise for two weeks."

Emily shrugged before turning around to start the water. "Not my fault."

"Oh, it definitely was," Naomi spit out.

"Sorry I'm just that good at making you come that you lost your grip and fell."

"I'm sure," she laughed before rinsing her mouth.

"You can join if you want, Naoms." Emily challenged with an eyebrow cocked.

"I don't want to make you late for work," Naomi grabbed Emily's waist and pulled her closer.

"I still have a few hours," she shrugged.

"We might be cutting it a little close," Naomi hummed against her lips.

//

The next morning, Naomi was felling sick again, but it wasn't until after Emily had left for work. Fearing the worst, she called Maya who picked up on the third ring.