Chapter 1

She sat quietly in the cold room of the clinic, waiting for the doctor to enter. Music was playing softly overhead as she glanced around the room, bored as she'd been waiting for fifteen minutes already.

She had fallen a few days before and broken her left arm. Tripped during a photo shoot on a bag that someone had left out. She sighed and leaned back against her chair, trying to relax when the lyrics to Colbie Calliat's I Never Told You crept into her ears. The redhead tried quickly to distract herself.

"I see your blue eyes every time I close mine."

Emily nervously picked at her nails, trying to push those icy blue eyes out of her mind. Just a few moments later, Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum floated out of the speakers. Tears stung at Emily's eyes as she was submerged into memories of Naomi, the girl she hadn't seen in over a year; the girl she ran away from.

The past year had been difficult, of course, but Emily managed, or at least tried to manage, to push through it. She knew that it was the best for Naomi. Emily gets lost in the memory of the love of her life kissing her goodbye sweetly before Naomi left for work. The blonde didn't know that she'd come home to an empty flat with all of Emily's things missing.

The last memory of Naomi is a pleasant one. Emily feels almost selfish because of it; most people have to endure the rest of their lives tortured by having to witness the pain they inflict and the heart break. Emily had hated that she left that way but she couldn't stand to see Naomi hurt. And a year later, the redhead still wasn't over it. She still had moments when she got caught up in remembering the girl she fell in love with. Much like now.

She had to get out of Bristol. Emily ran the risk of running across Naomi and she couldn't handle it at all. She couldn't bring herself to see how hurt she would be. Maybe, if she was lucky, Naomi wouldn't be hurt at all and maybe even understand why Emily did what she did and forgive her.

"Impossible Fitch, what the fuck are you thinking? You fucking twat, of course she's going to be hurt. We've been together for years," the redhead said to herself sternly, becoming angry at herself.

"No, don't you dare cry," she warned her brain as she stood on the platform waiting for the train to arrive.

"For fuck's sake," she said again, resting her head back against the bricks, growing increasingly impatient.

The train ride took nearly two hours to get back to London and when she stepped onto the platform, an overwhelming sense of relief passed through her petite body. Emily ran her fingers through her tousled hair and sighed. She picked up her bags and set off towards the entrance and hailed for a taxi. The drizzle had started just moments before she got in the back and mumbled directions to the driver. As he set off, the weather picked up and the rain pelted at the windows and she watched them slide down the window, colliding and pulling apart as the water constantly pulled itself downwards.

The cab soon slowed in front of a block of flats that looked rather old. Emily looked up at the building and quietly fought of tears. She hands the driver a few notes and gathers her things, pulling her coat up closer around her neck, and exiting the car. The redhead nudged the button with an elbow only to hear an annoyed, familiar voice saying, "Who is it?" That's when Emily couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"Sorry for the wait Miss.." the doctor flipped up the paper searching, "Fitch? I'm Doctor Miles. How are you feeling?"

"I've been loads better, doctor," Emily replies, meeting the doctors waiting hand. She gives it a shake.

"Well, let's see what we have here," he says, hanging up the x-rays and turning the switch. "It looks as though you've just broken your elbow. I'd say a radial head fracture. No broken radius or ulna."

"Is that good or bad?" the redhead asks sheepishly.

"You're going to need surgery. The sooner the better, I'd say, so you can get back to work. Is there anyone to watch after you?" the doctor questions, taking a seat on the spiny chair next to Emily.

"Surgery?" Emily asks horrified. "Uh, yeah, my sister can. Katie," she replies with a tight smile.

"Good. Now let's go get all this bloody paperwork taken care of," he says with a bright smile and a pat on Emily's good arm just before leaving the room.

"Fucking hell," Emily groans to herself as she gets up and follows him out.