Chapter 15

A/N: I've gotten some messages about people being upset that Naomily hasn't happened yet (it definitely will) but let me just point out that Emily and Naomi "reunited" in late September and it's now Nov. 1 in the story. I don't know about you, but it seems a bit unrealistic to jump in bed with each other when both are in relationships. But as you know now, Naomi's relationship is in turmoil and Emily is trying to combat her guilt for a kiss that happened probably only 18 hours ago in story time. So, please keep this in mind. 

Naomi left with Maya about an hour after the kiss. She didn't want to go back to her shared flat with Kian. She wasn't ready for that fight. So Maya called for a taxi and helped her best friend into the backseat of the car. When they got home, Maya offered Naomi some clean clothes to sleep in as well as an aspirin and a glass of water. They slept in the same bed but Maya fell asleep first, leaving Naomi to stare at the ceiling and sulk as her night kept replaying in her mind. 

Eventually, the blonde fell asleep and didn't wake until she heard Cook's loud voice come from the living room, asking where Naomi was. Naomi rolled over, trying to will herself to fall back asleep. Her head still hurt from crying. The door squeaked open and Naomi felt the bed sink next to her where Cook sat down. 

"Hey," Cook said softly, reaching out for the blonde and stroking her hair. 

"I'm tired," Naomi mumbled into the pillow she was crushing to her body. 

"Okay," Cook didn't push her. He saw what happened last night. "Get back to sleep."

Cook waited until the blonde's breathing evened out and he knew for certain that she was asleep. He planted a kiss on her messy hair and left the room, quietly shutting the door. 

//

Naomi's phone vibrated so loudly on the end table next to Maya's bed that she jolted awake. Squinting at her brightly lit phone in the dark room, she took in the time, 12:49 pm, and also the name that was displayed on her phone: Ali. Kian's little sister. 

Naomi hesitantly answered the call, nervous that Kian told her what happened the night before. 

"Hello?"

"Naomi? It's Ali." Naomi could hear panic in her voice. "Kian's in the hospital."

The blonde's throat went dry. "What?" She tried to swallow the lump that had formed.

"Mum got a call right now and they said he's in critical condition and he might not make it. We're on our way now. They also said they hadn't contacted anyone else and I'm guessing you didn't know." The young girl was on the verge of a break down; she could hear the wavering in her voice. 

"Which one? I'll head over now," Naomi asked, pulling on an old pair of jeans she had left at Maya's. 

"Southmead."

"Okay. I'll text you when I get there," she was throwing her hair up in a bun. "And Ali?"

"Yeah?"

"It's going to be okay."

"Okay."

Naomi ended the call and grabbed her bag, heading for the door. 

"Whoa, where are you going?" Maya called out as Naomi opened the front door.

"Kian's in the hospital; I gotta go."

//