Chapter 7

She felt like she was drowning. It was as if all of the gravity in the world had vanished and was compressing into her and there was nothing she could do to stop it. She felt the ground underneath her shake and the world around her stop spinning. Those eyes caught hers and she couldn't look away. The push on her shoulder is what it took to break the trance she had been trapped in.

"Hurry up!" she heard as the voice's owner giggled and she was pushed into the taxi. 

"Er, sorry," the blonde choked out as she moved over to make room for the girl in the back.

 "Too drunk?" the girl joked as she nudged Naomi's shoulder with her own.

 "Something like that, Maya," Naomi replied quietly as she looked out the window.

//

 The light blinded her in the early morning and her head hurt too much from crying the night before to even attempt to get up and close the curtains so the sun wouldn't peek through.

 "Fucking hell," the blonde sighed as she ran her fingers through her messy hair. The pounding in her head started as she tried to readjust her body so she was more comfortable. It all still felt like a dream.

The girls stumbled into the flat late the night before. Naomi made her way to the bedroom and began peeling off her clothing and pulling on a tank top for bed. Her head still felt light and fuzzy from the alcohol. She still couldn't believe she had seen Emily. It had been months since she had seen her and so much had changed but she still had that spell on her. The one where she could look into the blonde's eyes and make everything melt away, leaving just the two together no matter how crowed the area was.

 She hated it. She hated her. She hated Emily. The girl put her through hell and it made Naomi despise her and curse her in her mind when she was reminded of the redhead. It hurt still and she couldn't stop the feeling of a dagger twisting into her heart as she replayed the scene outside of the bar in her head over and over.

 But Naomi couldn't deny the fluttering in her stomach as her eyes met brown and the way her heart began to beat faster. She hated the effect Emily Fitch still had on her. She hated that she still loved her. God, she still loved her and it made tears form in her eyes.

 She glanced over at the calendar pinned on the wall and her eyes searched for the date. It was September 21st. The blonde sighed as she walked over towards her bed and nestled under the covers.

 Tomorrow is one year, she thought as she covered her face with her hands to stop the tears that had fallen down her face.

 //

 The body next to her began to shift and she felt an arm wrap around her waist. She smiled and managed to turn her head to the left. Lying next to her was her handsome bloke of a boyfriend. He was still sleeping as he pulled her closer and the warmth that radiated off of his body made her relax. She let herself be held as the thoughts she had the night before came rolling back into her mind. Naomi tried her best to stop the tears but a few managed to make their way through and they rolled down her cheek silently. She took a breath to calm herself and glanced over her sleeping boyfriend's shoulder at the digital clock that sat on the side table.

9:48 am.

She nestled against his chest and closed her eyes again. After a few minutes she gave up on trying to go back to sleep and instead began to study her boyfriend. He was lying on his side with an arm tucked under his face and the other draped across her torso. His dark brown almost black hair was a mess and was sticking up on one of the sides. His mouth was slightly agape and he had stubble from not shaving for a few days. She loved when he didn't shave sometimes; she liked the rough feeling against her face when she kissed him.