Two

"What was that lady's problem?" Rubble asks. "She didn't look happy to be here."

"I don't know, Rubble. She sure is snotty." I say, shining a flashlight at Zuma's ear to look at the scratch. "But it's none of our buisness, and if she doesn't like Adventure Bay, oh well. It's her loss."

I rubbed the scratch a little. "Does it hurt?"

"No." Zuma said, yawning.

"I know, little dude. I'll let you take a nap once I'm done."

He nods with sleepy eyes. I might end up having him in my room if he falls asleep before I'm done. The scratch doesn't look any bigger than the last time I looked at it. But it still worries me a little.

He didn't sleep very good last night. The rain kept him up because the thunder was too loud.

I clicked off the flashlight, and look at Zuma. He was sleeping while sitting. I just chuckle, and carefully pick him up. I grabbed the TV remote and turned down the volume on the pups' Pup Pup Boogie game. They don't even notice.

I walk him up to my room, lay him on top of my bed, grab a blanket out of the closet and cover him up to his neck with it. Then I quietly close the door behind me and walk back downstairs to where the pups are. "You pups can play that for another hour, then it's time for bed."

"Okay, Rylee." They said in unison.

My Pup-Pad buzzed. I pick it up. "This is Rylee."

"Any new stories?"

Ugh. Her again.

"No, Lindsi. Unless you wanna cover the storm last night, I've got nothing."

"I don't even understand why my producer would send me here. This place has no stories at all!"

I shrug. "Not my problem. If you don't like Adventure Bay that's completely on you."

She hung up on me.

"How long you think she'll make it?" I ask Chase, who was sitting next to me the entire phone call.

"About a week, two at the most." Chase says, scratching the back of his ear

"If she's lucky. You're still itching? I just washed you yesterday. Let me see your ear."

He scooted closer to me and I looked behind his ear. There's a dry patch right on the top of his head. And holy jeez there's no hair on it either.

"You're gonna need drops. Wait right here."

I got up, went into the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, and grabbed the drops bottle with Rocky's name on it. I walked back to the beanbag, hoisted Chase up into my lap so I could reach his head, and found the patch. "It's gonna sting when I put it on, okay?"

He nodded and squeezed his eyes shut. I dropped one... two... three drops on the patch. He whined and gritted his teeth. I squeezed his body to remind him that it would stop in a little bit.

He eventually stopped whining and loosened his grip.

"Did it stop?" I asked him quietly.

He nodded and licked my cheek. I gave him another squeeze and let him off my lap. "Rocky, come here. I wanna look at that patch."

Rocky jumped up from the pillow and shook off his hat, walking over to me and looking at the ground so I could see the patch. Might wanna put some on it to be on the safe side. "Ready?"

Rocky nodded and closed his eyes. I put three drops on it; he yipped on the first one.

"I hate this part." He said through gritted teeth.

"I know, but the sting means it's working."

He nodded and took deep breaths. Eventually he calmed down when the stinging stopped.

He sighed. "I'm glad that's over."

I smiled and scratched his other ear.

My Pup-Pad buzzed again. I swear if it's that annoying news lady I'm gonna reach through the Pup-Pad and sock her.

"This is Rylee."

"Hello, Rylee? It's Cap'n Turbot."

"Hey, Cap'n. What's up?"

"Well, I need a new battery for my boat. You think you could have Zuma bring one over?"

"Sure thing, Cap'n Turbot. Zuma will be right there."

"Thank's Rylee."

"Well, Zuma's not gonna like me." I say, getting up.

"Why?" Rubble asks, looking at me.

"I gotta wake him up. Need him to take a new battery to Cap'n Turbot."

Rubble just shrugs and returns his attention to the game.

I roll my eyes with a smile and go up to my room. I opened the door and Zuma was sleeping away on my bed. I almost didn't want to wake him up.

"Zuma," I shook him a little. "Zuma." Okay. Take two. "Zuma!"

"Whoa! What?!" He jumped up and looked around frantically. "What's goin' on?"

"I need you to take a new battery to Cap'n Turbot for his boat."

"I'm on it!" And he jumped off my bed and ran out the door. I ran outside and rummaged around the garage for a spare battery to send with Zuma. I found one just as Zuma pulled up in his hovercraft. I put the battery in the back. "Zuma, when you get back we'll all be in bed probably. So if you wanna come up and sleep with me, by all means go ahead. Okay?"

"Okay, Wylee." He licked my cheek and revved up his hovercraft. "Let's dive in!" And with that he drove off.