Twelve

I brushed another knot out of Skye's fur, trying not to pull her head back. I swear her fur is so stinking curly, and then it turns into a disaster on her ears and knots up when she's in the air. Good grief.

I pulled the knot off of the brush, and started down her back. I watched Chase chase Marshall down the lawn, the Marshall chased him.

'Seriously, Skye. We need to get you a better cap and goggles. You'll go bald if a have to keep getting knots out the size of golf balls."

"What?! I don't wanna go bald!"

"You won't literally go bald, Skye. It's an expression."

"Oh."

I roll my eyes with a smile and fiddle with a tiny knot in her fur. Right as I caught a snag, Rocky came running up to me in tears and hid behind me. "Rylee! She's trying to kill me!"

"What? Who?" Right when I asked that, Lindsi came running up the driveway with one of her high heels in hand. "I told you shit-heads to stay off my property!" She shrieked.

"But I wasn't on your property! I was on the sidewalk bring our pup-treats back from Mr. Porter's!" Rocky cried, burring his head in my lap.

THAT. DOES IT.

I stood up, picked up Rocky, and hugged him close. "Fine. Get off of my property then."

"What?!"

"If my pups aren't allowed to even walk across the sidewalk without getting shoes thrown at them, I don't want you on my property. You are not allowed past the end of that bridge. So get off my property."

Lindsi straightened her face. "Fine. You win."

She turned around and walked off the lawn and down the driveway.