Thirteen

Chase's POV

"What are we doing at the docks, Rylee?" I asked, looking up at her. "We've covered every inch of it for evidence."

"We're not investigating, Chase." Rylee said, putting more line on my leash (even though Marshall and I are in our uniforms). "We're... Meeting a with someone."

"Who's that?" Marshall asked.

"A friend."

Marshall and I looked at each other. She seemed more happy than she has been this past week. Maybe it's because the community inspector is leaving in a few days. I don't know.

We stayed at the docks for at least a half hour, and just as I seriously needed to go, Cap'n Turbot's boat came up to the dock. He poked his head out from the wheel and looked at us. "Um, Hello there, Rylee! I know this may see particularly peculiar, but this mustachioed mister claims to know you..."

A man in black mustache and a blue cap looked out at us over the railing.

Rylee giggled. "Yes, I do know him, Cap'n Turbot. Thank you for sailing him over from the Mainland."

The man climbed down, and was nothing but smiles. "And many future safe sailings to you, good man!"

Cap'n Turbot smiled at him, backed his boat out, and sailed back towards Seal Island.

"And who are these pups that you talk about so much?"

"These are two of them, Tommy. My fire pup, Marshall, and my Police pup, Chase. You remember Uncle Tommy, don't you Marshall?"

Marshall lit right up. "Uncle Tommy!" He ran up to him and got a major belly scratch. I backed up behind Rylee. I have no idea who this person is. Why do I suddenly feel light headed?

"Shy one, aren't ya?" "Tommy" said.

"It's okay, Chase. Uncle Tommy's a good guy. Go and say hi." Rylee gave me an ear scratch. I nodded and slowly walked out from behind her.

I made my way over, I was only a few inches from him when my legs felt really heavy. Marshall looked at me curiously. Then I could hardly see him. I stopped moving, thinking at I just felt tired.

"Chase, are you alright?" I could hear Rylee, but I couldn't see her.

Everything went black after that.

"Chase...!"