Seventeen

Chase's POV

"Pups! Front and center!" Rylee shouted.

We all came running to the family room and lined up. 

She counted us off. "Where's Marshall?"

We all look around and at each other.

"Haven't seen him," Rocky says.

No One's POV

Marshall sniffed around as quietly as possible. He ignored the smell of bacon in the garbage and headed down the hall. He noticed a door at the very end of the hall that was slightly open.

He snuck over, pushing the door open with his nose. There were a bunch of boxes scattered everywhere in the room. He sniffed around hot on a trail. He froze when he heard slight whimpering in the corner. "Zuma?"

The noise stopped. Marshall moved towards the corner he heard it come from and pushed some of the boxes away. And there he was, with duck tape wrapped around his nose.

Zuma jumped up and pushed his paws against the cold bars of the cage.

"Zuma!" Marshall exclaimed, louder than he had intended.

They both froze when the door flew open, slamming into the wall.

"How the hell did you get in here?!"

...

Jerry's alarm was an intrusion to his sleep, but he turned it off and slowly got up anyway, rubbing his eye. He made his way to the kitchen and poured himself a cup up of coffee. 

The sound of a loud crash made him spit the coffee in his mouth out and go running to the back room. 

A black and white spotted dog went flying by with Lindsi stopping at the door with a crazed look in her eye. "Grab him! He's seen too much!"

Jerry took off after the pup at half speed, acting as if he had a slight limp. 

He purposely let Marshall get away.