Three

*Bzzz*
*Bzzz*
*Bzzz*
*Bzzz*

Ugh. Seriously? Who needs help at 2:30 in the morning?

I sat up in my bed. Zuma's blue and orange blanket was about fall off the edge. I reached over and grabbed it, ignoring the fact that it was covered in hair.

I grabbed the Pup-Pad and answered it. "This is..." A big yawn cut me off. "'Scuse me. This is Rylee."

"Uh, Rylee. It's Cap'n Turbot. Sorry to wake you up super-supremely early, but we have an extremely egregious emergency!"

"What's wrong, Cap'n?"

He turned his device around to show me. My eyes widened. "We'll be there in less than a minute!"

I pressed the button on the Pup-Pad. "Paw Patrol, to the Lookout! And fast!"

I changed in my jeans and long sleeve shirt, shoving on my sneakers and grabbing my vest and running for the stairs. Just as I got to the briefing floor the elevator was opening and the five pups were jumping out and lining themselves up.

"Paw Patrol ready for action, Rylee, sir!" Chase declared, his eyes flashed. "I mean, ma'am... Only, we can't find Zuma."

"You don't need to." I say, zipping up my vest. "He's not here."

"Huh?" "What?"

"Then, where is he?" Rubble asked.

I replayed the call. The pups' gasped and Skye almost fainted when they saw Zuma's hovercraft floating in the water, cap-sided.

"Why didn't Zuma call for help?" Rocky asked.

"I don't know, Rocky. But our main priority right now is to get out there and find him. I need All Paws On Deck! Skye, air search. Use your goggles and spotlight. Rocky, Rubble, help Cap'n Turbot get Zuma's hovercraft upright. Marshall, standby for medical assistance. Chase, I hope you're ready to dive. We all ready? When we get there we have to be on our paws at all times."

They all barked and howled out loud.

"Then, Paw Patrol is on a roll! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"

They all ran for the slide and I went down the fire pole. The second I hit the ground, shoved on my helmet, clipped it, and went speeding out the garage door, the pups following me in their vehicles.

I went off the ramp and turned my ATV into the jet ski, circling around back to the beach. I got off, ignoring that my sneaker were getting wet, and pushed it up to the edge of the shore. Rocky already had the floaty-boat blown up. Skye landed on the dock next to us. I attached the boat to my ATV, and tested it by tugging on it.

"Chase, on the jet ski with me; Rocky, airlift; Marshall, Rubble, in the raft."

Not even Rocky argued, they all got right on it, and I hoisted up Chase and plopped him on the back. I jumped on, revved up, and sped off, Skye and Rocky flying across the water next to us.

Skye dropped Rocky off on the boat, and I pulled up next to Cap'n Turbot's boat and loaded all the pups off before getting on myself.

I explained the current plan to Cap'n Turbot, and I got Chase suited up in a spare scuba gearpack. Then I changed into my scuba gear, hooked up a waterproof flashlight to Chase's helmet, and we dived in, clicking on the flashlights and going under the hovercraft.

It was lighter below the surface than I thought it would be. But we still used the flashlights anyway.

Sitting on a reef not very deep below us was Zuma's helmet.

I pointed to it, and Chase swam down to get it. I kept my flashlight shining on him so I didn't loose sight of him. He came back up with it in his paws and I took it. We swam around to the surface and popped our heads up.

"Rylee! Did you guys find anything?" Marshall said, looking at us over the edge of the boat.

I sighed and held up the helmet for a second, then tossed it up over the side and into the boat. "Marshall, see if you can trace Zuma's pup tag."

He barked and went out of sight. Chase and I nodded to each other, put the breathing pipes up to our mouths and dived again. We swam up underneath the hovercraft, and looked around to see if there was any sign of Zuma.

"Rylee, the Pup-Pad says he's right next to you. There's an S.O.S. beacon coming from his tag."

I looked around. Oh yeah. His collar is next to me, but Zuma isn't. I grabbed the collar, showed it to Chase. We swam to the surface again, and I tossed the collar over the side.

"Found the tag, but no Zuma, Marshall. Skye, do you see anything?"

"No, not yet Rylee. I'm still looking."

"Keep at it, Skye."

The hovercraft was then pulled to it's upright position, and it didn't look good. The buoy line was unraveled and in knots, the seat was torn, a rotor was cracked. This doesn't look like no accident.

I climbed up to the side, and hoisted Chase up to sniff it out.

"I smell sea water... Zuma - of course... a pup treat... fish... seaweed... and, apparently, perfume." ACHOO! "Flowery perfume. And a lot of it."

"Can you tell what kind of flower?"

ACHOO! "Lavender."

"That's strange."

"But what confuses me is that there's signs of struggle. The seat's scratched, the buoy's tangled, we found Zuma's collar and helmet, and there's white scuff marks on the side. This wasn't an accidental flip, Rylee."

"Someone was trying to nab Zuma." I finish quietly.

"Wait! I smell something else!" Chase's nose was flaring at the side of the boat. "Something hot. Like hot when the battery in your Pup-Pad is hot."

"He or she had to have had some sort of device that takes a big battery."

"Could you sniff out which way they went?"

He sniffed the air. Then barked. "They're on the beach!"