Eight

Skye's POV

I watched Rylee staple a poster to an electric pole. She stood up on her tiptoes in white ballet slippers. She was wearing her ballet class clothes since we just left her class.

"Okay, just a few more posters, then we're done." She said, putting the stapler in her duffel bag.

I was watching her as she stapled the posters. She tried the best she could to not look at the picture of Zuma on them. She's too heartbroken to look.

We started down the street. There were clouds rolling in. The weather report called for one of the last few snowfalls this year to occur today. She wanted to get this done and get home before the snow started to fall. Doesn't want us outside very much today unless we have to go somewhere for an emergency.

We stopped at Katie's, and went in.

"Hey, Rylee!" Katie said, looking up from brushing Callie's fur.

"Hi, Katie." Rylee said, putting a stack of flyers on the desk. "Just came by to drop off these flyers."

"Okay. Hey, you think you and the pups ready for tonight? I'm making hot cocoa for the snowfall."

Yay! We love Katie's Liver-Whisps!

"Can we, Rylee? Please?" I start to beg, jumping up and down.

"Yes we are! We're planning on tripping over here at around 7:30."

"Great!"

But then the smile on Rylee's face faded away. "But it wouldn't be fair to Zuma, would it? It's one of his favorite traditions."

"You're right, it wouldn't." Katie said. "It's no biggie. We'll do it another night. I'm sure there'll be plenty more snowfalls this month."

We all went silent for a minute.

Then Katie spoke up. "Why don't you at least take some Cocoa and Liver-Whisps for the pups? We'll do the slumber party a different night."

Before Rylee could say anything, she shoved six bags of Liver-Whisps, a can of liver-flavored pup-Whip Cream (A/N: and no, they do not exist), and a bag of Cocoa into her duffel bag. Rylee just smiled. "Thanks, Katie. The pups will love them."

Then Katie leaned over the counter a little. "Between the three of us, I wrote Chase's name on his bag because I figured out how to put his allergy powder into the mix without effecting the recipe."

"Thanks, Katie. We better get going, wanna get home before the storm rolls in. We'll see ya later."

"Okay! And Rylee," Katie grabbed her shoulder. Rylee turned around to look at her. "Don't worry. We'll find him."

Rylee just nodded, and we walked outside and across the bridge to the Lookout.

"Alright, pups! Storm's rollin' in! We need to move all pillows and food bowls inside before the snow starts to fall." She let me off my leash, and we all rushed our stuff inside just as the snow started to fall.

Rylee went upstairs to change, and we all sat down in front of the TV to watch Charlie Brown with the heat turned up.