Ten

No One's POV

"But why didn't we look inside?" Chase asked, walking up the driveway next to Rylee.

"Because, Chase. We need a search warrant to do that. There's no way Shanna would willingly allow us to search her house.'

"Jerry might." Skye said.

"Lindsi has control over him for an odd reason. I'll talk to him next time I see him."

The two frowned, but accepted the fact that Rylee was making a choice that would keep all of them - including Zuma - safe.

They were immediately greeted by Rocky and Marshall.

"Did you find him?" Marshall asked, his head turned.

Rylee shook her head. "Not allowed to look."

"What? Why?" Rocky asked.

"We need permission from Mayor Goodway to search Lindsi and Jerry's rental. Nothing else I can do until I get word back from the mayor."

Rylee went into the Lookout to get drops for Rocky and Chase. Marshall followed her in, mostly to ask for a biscuit. Chase went to his pup house to look for his bone.

Rocky and Skye looked at each other.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Skye asked.

"You mean...?"

Skye nodded, then Rocky nodded back.

"Tonight?"

"It's then or never, Rocky."

"Then it's settled: tonight."

"Tonight. I'll come wake you up at 11."

"Rocky! Chase! Time for your eardrops!"

Rocky groaned, and he could her Chase from across the yard. "Coming, Rylee!"

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

"Rocky,"

Rocky turned over into his back.

"Rocky!"

"Huh?" Rocky shot up, his cap covering his eyes. "Who turned out the lights?!"

"Shhh! You'll wake up the other pups!"

"Sorry, Skye." He threw his cap back up to its rightful spot on his head.

"You ready?"

Rocky put on his Pup-Pack, and nodded. "Let's go."