chapter 4

Tony's P.O.V

I am in work working on the case about a marine who was found dead at the bottom of a lake when i get a txt from Ziva saying, "There is an intruder and just in case I love you." I rushed over to Gibbs and MgGee and said to them, "There is an armed intruder at Ziva's house..." I was cut off by Gibbs telling bothTim and I to grab our gear and we all went off to Ziva's house. When we got there we found numerous bullet casings. I went running immediatly inside the house and found Ziva lying on the floor with bullets lodged inside of her. I took her in my arms and felt a pulse. She was holding on and I held in her wounds until she was loaded into an ambulance and I got in and we went to the hospital. They took her into surgery immediatly. I waited and waited for hours in the emergency waiting room with Tim, Gibbs, Abby, Ducky, Palmer, and Director Leon. We waited in silence. Hours later the doctor came out of the surgery room still clothed in the surgery clothes and he came over to us and said pointing at me, "You must be the boyfriend and father" he continued to say, "You are very lucky the bullets did not harm your little baby. During the surgery we took extra special care to make sure your baby made it out okay. We gave Miss. David some medicine that knocked her out but she will wake up within thirty minutes." He walked away. Everyone just stared at me so I said, "I'm a father. There is a Dinnozzo in her belly. I had no idea. I wonder why she kept this a secret." That is when Abby jumped up and told her story of how she knew. 

Abby's Point of view

I jumped up to tell the story so that Tony would not get angry at me. I started off by saying, "She came to my lab like a two months ago and she told me how she wasn't feeling well. She didn't really think anything of it. She blamed the ga in of her weight due to the fact that her father just recently died. She called it emotional sastisfaction. Anyway, then a couple weeks ago she came back down to the lab and asked me to do a pregnancy test. So I did it, the test came out positive but one of my machines failed and so she didn't think that she was pregnant. Then, this week she came back down to my lab and asked me to do a last pregnancy test because she was sure that she was pregnant and the test came out positive. She didn't want to tell anyone. She knew that the father was Tony but she was too embarrased to tell anyone. She swore me to secrecy. I did as i promised i would do." 

By the time I finished with the story I saw that Tony was crying and he looked upset. He kept on saying, 'How could she keep something like this away from me. I mean, we are a couple. I told her everything even things about my childhood that I don't tell anyone. I trusted her. I have to go see her now. When she wakes up I can garantee that there is going to be a major fight. I apologize in advance." Gibbs just laughed and so did Leon. Leon then said to Tony, 'Don't worry about it. When Jackie was giving birth to my daughter she was yelling at me. We were in a huge argument. I don't even remember what it was about but lets just say that you will get over it." 

Ziva's point of view. 

***She is dreaming while in surgery*****

After I texted Tony, the intruder came in with an accomplice. They had machine guns and I tried to cover my belly because of the fact that I am pregnant. Man, Tony will be mad that I have known for a month and a half and I didn't even tell him. The intruders came in and shot me 3 times then said to me, "Where is he. Where is your father. " I responded by saying, "He died 3 months ago." They then continued shooting me. I felt my eyelids close and felt Tony holding me. (end of dream)

I opened my eyelids to see that I am in a hospital I see that most of their bullets landed in my left arm. I had a cast and was in a sling. Tony was by my side and so was the doctor. The doctor said to me, "Your baby and you will make it I will leave you a couple minutes with your boyfriend. He will be your only visiter for today." 

Tony came over to me and said, "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant." I simply started by saying, "Well, I didnt' want you to leave me and I thought if I told you that was what you were going to do." He smiled and said, 'I wouldn't have done that.' Then I said, "Well, I cannot lie to you anymore, Gibbs and Director Leon both know that I am pregnant. THey have known for a little while because they were going to send me on an undercover mission with an agent from the FBI and I told them I couldn't because I was pregnant. Then, they asked me who the father was and I told them it was you. They both congratulated me and then that day that Gibbs yelled at me was only a show because he said that he is usually not okay with coworkers dating but he said that he was actually okay with us but he said that he had to act the way he did because he didn't want to encourage it. He got me upset because I thought that he was serious." Tony just laughed and said, "Typical Leroy Jetthro Gibbs." 

I said "I love you Tony.'

he said, "I love you too Ziva."