Cheer up bro

Zoe's POV

When I woke up the next morning I seemed to be in a car, it was still dark outside and I was wrapped in a blanket.

"AHHHH!!!! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Bloody hell!" A gruff mans voice came from the driving seat. Someone's arms tightened around me.

"Let go of me! Help!" I screamed again.

"Zoe, it's just Chris and Niall, you know, your brother" Niall chuckled, he was the person hugging me.

I sighed and relaxed into his arms, relieved that I wasn't being kidnapped on Christmas Day. Then it hit me, where are we going this early in the morning?

"Niall, why are we in the car? And Merry Christmas by the way" I added.

"Merry Christmas to you too Zo" he kissed the top of my head, "we're going to the airport"

"Why?"

"You're so full of questions" he sighed, "we're flying to Wolverhampton"

"Why?" I asked, forgetting that that was where Liam lived.

"Because we're going to stay with Liam and his family" Niall smiled at my beaming expression, "his mum called me saying how mopey and grumpy Liam had been and offered for you and I to stay with them. I spoke to my mum about it and she suggested flying over on Christmas Day morning to see him and we can then stay with him"

"Does he know?" I asked.

"No, we want it to be a surprise" Niall said.

I nodded and looked out of the window at the dark morning sky. There were still faint stars there.

Liam's POV

My alarm clock went off early on Christmas morning. I needed time to wrap everyone's presents, yep, typical guy, waiting till the last moment to do everything.

The picture on my lock screen was of Zoe and the rest of the boys wearing Santa hats and pulling stupid, goofy grins at the camera.

It was at our last concert before we left to go home and I can remember when we finished our last song the fans started chanting Zoe's name, obviously wanting her to come on stage. The boys and I managed to convince Zoe to come on stage, luckily she had her guitar as she had been practising backstage. I can remember her starting to play This by Ed Sheeron. She kept on looking at us as if to make sure that she was doing okay, but I guess I would be biased if I said she nailed it.

It took me half an hour to wrap the presents and I carried them carefully downstairs and placed them under the tree. I heard clattering from the kitchen and guessed that my mum had already started making Christmas lunch. It was going to be a pretty quiet Christmas this year as Ruth and Nicola were both staying at their own flats with friends so it would just be me, mum and dad.

I walked into the kitchen and mum and I spent the next two hours preparing the Christmas dinner and getting it in the oven.

"Why have you got so much food mum?" I asked, looking at how much she had brought, "there's only three of us"

"It will be there if someone wants seconds" she said a bit to quickly.

"And thirds" I added.

She chuckled and stood in front of me, putting a hand on my cheek.

"I know you want Zoe here babe, but try and be happy, I've done what I can" she said softly.

I put my arms around her.