Finally Got The Boy

T R O Y E
I watch as Tyler walks away. This morning has taken an unexpected turn of events, I'll give it that. With my mind still processing everything Tyler had said I walk into my third hour class. I sit next to Alfie, who I just recently learned has this class with me, and sigh.

"What's gotten under your skin Troye Boy?" He jokes and I fake laugh.

"Ha ha very funny. It's nothing really, just irritated I guess." Alfie nods and goes back to writing whatever it is we're supposed to be copying down from the board. Instead of doing the same, I let my thoughts wonder to the the boy who seems to always occupy them. After spending the amount of time with him that I have, I can't help the feelings that keep attacking me. Pulling at my heart and poking fun with my fears. The last time I let this happen everything backfired on me and I'm scared of that happening again.

Gavin had been truly amazing and losing him broke me. After blocking everyone out for so long, the lack of affection was starting to get to me. Then came Gavin, with his gorgeous blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He gave me everything I wanted and in return I gave him all of me. He was my first, and what I wanted as my last. But then the fateful night came.

He was laying on my couch watching tv when I approached him. Seeing my distraught face he leaned up and gave me a questioning glance.

"What's wrong baby?" He had asked and I plopped down next to him, letting him wrap his arms around me.

"There's something I have to tell you."

"Okay," he said, unsure. "Shoot."

"I...I have this ability." I say and he gets more confused.

"What? Like how you can bend your fingers all the way back?" I laughed lightly.

"Sort of. Except this one is big, and not a lot of people can do it." He nodded, squeezing me tighter.

"Okay, just tell me." He says and I take a deep breath.

"I...I can read minds." I say and his eyes widen before a smile finds his face. He laughs.

"Good one Troye. I almost bought that." I shove him lightly.

"I'm not lying Gav. I can really read minds." He loosens his grip on me.

"Okay..." He draws out. "Prove it." I shrugged and grabbed his hand.

What is he doing? What the hell is going on?

I repeated the words back to him and he retracted his hand. "Holy shit." Is all he said and I laughed nervously.

"Yeah...crazy right?" I moved to grab his hand again but he jumped back, standing up and looking at me like I was an alien.

"How the fuck is that possible?" He looked disgusted and I felt like crying.

"I don't know, it just happens. Please don't freak out!" I said, standing up but not quite reaching his height. He shakes his head.

"How do I not freak out? You can read my mind! How long have you been doing it?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Since I was 12." I said and he shakes his head again. "Gavin please listen to me, it's completely normal-"

"That is not normal. You're a freak." That's the moment my heart shattered and I realized falling for that boy was a mistake.

"B-but I love you." I had said, my voice vulnerable and scared.

"Well I don't love you. Stay away from me, we're done." Then he grabbed his coat and left, leaving me to pick myself up off the floor, metaphorically of course.