Understandable Accusations

T R O Y E
I run down the stair case quickly, skipping the last three steps and stumbling into the living room. Where's Connor? My mind screams and I look around hastily. There's to many people moving at once and I can't think straight with all of these thoughts invading my head.

Wheres the drinks?
Why is it so hot in here?
I seriously need some deodorant.
How many girls can I get to kiss me tonight?
I wonder if Marcus is single.

I push away from the main crowd and look towards the kitchen. There's a large group of jock looking boys huddled around the keg and I can just barley make out Sawyer Hartman's tall figure. Connor wouldn't be in there, he hates those boys. I proceed to search the bottom floor of the house, the backyard, and the front. When I find no traces of my boyfriend I walk towards my car, pulling out my phone to check the time. 11:45 pm. I sigh before pulling up my messages.

Me: Connor I'm so sorry...

He has to forgive me, I'm leaving in four days and it wasn't even my fault! When he doesn't reply for awhile I send another message.

Me: please answer me.

I at least want to know that he's okay. Scratch that, I need to know he's okay. With Connor being super sensitive and insecure he's automatically going to assume the worst and I can't imagine what he's feeling. He's probably blaming himself and thinking of all the ways he can kill me. I cringe at the thought.

Me: I've looked everywhere for you, where are you?

Nothing. He hasn't even read them, thank god for iMessage for informing me of this. I try to call him but it rings all the way to voice mail. I sigh frustrated.

Me: Connor I'm scared, please answer my calls.
Me: I can explain just tell me where you are. Did you go home?

I make the split decision to drive over to his house, it's right down the street from mine anyway. I hop into my red automobile and drive down the the road frantically. Whatever Tyler gave me still lingers in the back of my mind, but nothing serious. Once I've reached his house I run around back, looking up at his window. Darkness, white curtains open allowing me to see his absence. Another message.

Me: all the lights are off, I'm going home now. please answer me...

What if he left with someone? Someone who is probably not at all sober and putting him at risk in this very moment! I shudder at the thought as I pull up into my drive way. Unbuckling my seat belt, I fumble for my house keys. Taking a deep breathe, I gather myself. I can't go walking through the front door at one in the morning acting a fool. With high hopes I check my phone for a reply before getting out of my warm coupé.

Once inside I turn towards the staircase, only to hear a rustling from the kitchen. My curiosity takes its toll and I take a right instead. Sage is sat on the island in the center of the tiled floor, her legs crossed and her look expectant.

"We have to stop meeting like this Troye." She says once I'm in view.

"Like what?" I ask warily, placing my keys next to her.

"In the early hours of the morning." A soft giggle. "Where were you anyways?"

"A party." I say truthfully and she hums in response.

"I never knew you were one for crowds." I roll my eyes and push her playfully. If only she knew.

"I'm not, but Caspar threw it for my going away party." I say and she gasps. "What?"

"Why wasn't I invited! I'm going away too!" I chuckle at her complaint and she whines.

"I don't know Sage. Ask Caspar." I move past her to grab a glass before filling it with water. After a few seconds she speaks again.