A Walking Sickness

(Slight trigger warning, some mean words are said)
C O N N O R
I stare at my ceiling, studying it intently but not memorizing it. Sort of like when your reading but thinking about something else, so by time you reach the end you have no Idea what you previously read. Right now the roof is my book and Troye is my distraction. He left a few hours ago, around 5 am. My phone went off (yes I set an alarm shoot me) and I've been laying here ever since. Should I have made up with him? Should I have forgiven him and moved on from the event all together?

I mean, can you blame me for getting so upset? I walked in on my boyfriend and another guy. That's pretty big if you ask me. But I can't get the image of Troyes pleading eyes and sorry expression out of my head. My emotions are everywhere and I cant move. I have so many questions. Is he feeling as bad as I am? Is he going to move on from me and get with someone else? How is school going to be when I return? I left on a pretty bad note yesterday, beating up Tyler and then storming out. I wonder if Troye knows. I force myself out of bed and get ready. Nicola yells for me when it's time to go and I get in the car warily. What will this day bring me?

When we pull up to the school the first thing I see, or rather don't see, is the absence of Troyes car. The usually taken parking space is empty and bare and I can't help but sulk over it. My mom drops us off and I head to first hour, my head down and my books held tightly to my chest.

"Hey faggot." I hear a voice call and my head snaps up. What the hell? I try to find the source of the voice but can't. Since when has that been acceptable to say? This high school is ran by gay guys, you'd think that that'd say something. I shrug it off and continue on to my first hour. I sit in my normal seat, or the one next to it, seeing as my normal seat has become Troyes. I can't help but stare at the door, waiting for him to walk threw, flushed and anxious. But no, he never does. I go threw my next couple of classes swiftly and I can't help but feel like a few peoples gazes lingering a little longer than usual. Again, I brush it off.

When the lunch bell rings I scoop up my stuff and practically run to the lunch room. I reach my table of friends.

"Hi Con. How you holding up?" Zoe asks and I shrug, not looking at them. No one expect Tyler, Troye and I know about what happened at the party, and i'd prefer to keep it that way. For all they know I'm just bummed that my new best friend moved away.

"Seriously, you can trust us. How are you really feeling?"

"I said I'm fine okay?" I snap angrily before raising my gaze to meet the person who spoke, it was Phil. My eyes widen and he sniffles a bit.

"Okay." He says softly before standing and grabbing his stuff.

"Wait, Phil-"

"No it's okay, I have somewhere I have to be anyway." He casts me a sad smile before practically running to the boys bathroom.i nervously look around at the rest of my friends. There all looking at the floor.

"Guys-" I start but I'm cut off by the sound of a megaphone siren going off. Everyone in the cafeteria jumps, directing their attention to the sound. Tyler stands on his table with a white and red megaphone in hand. His eyes hold a mischievous glint and he's smirking ever so slightly. His bottom lip has a nasty cut that is slowly healing and one of his eyes are black. I also notice that he's wearing new glasses. I must have broken the others

"Attention! Attention La Crescent High!" He calls and everyone falls silent. "I have some news for you." I look around warily, trying to figure out what's so important that he needs to stand on a table.

"Another party?" Someone shouts and Tyler shakes his head.

"No, no party. Sorry. But I would like to bring something to your attention." He shuffles a bit before looking around excitedly. "We have a new power couple!" He yells and everyone gives unenthusiastic 'yay's. I look to all the hopeful couples who are looking at each other in glee and chuckle to myself. What snobs.