Something Only You'll Regret

T R O Y E
"Troye Sivan Mellet get your butt up right now or I'm leaving all of the Nutella here!" At these life threatening words my eyes shoot open, my legs pulling me out of bed and into the hallway.

"I'm up I'm up!" I yell from the top of the stair case. I can hear snickering and Sages slight whisper.

"Told you it'd get him up." I roll my eyes before walking about into my room.

Today's the day. The day I leave America to stay with my senile grandfather in a tiny wooden shack. I look to the black suitcase in the center of my bare room. It looks so awkward, all of my stuff has already been packed and flown to my grandfathers. All that's left is a suitcase full of clothes, my laptop bag full of chargers, and a pillow and blanket. No posters on the walls and no fairy lights. Definitely not a room I want to sleep in for more than a night. I drag myself to my bag before pulling out a hoodie and some sweats, changing in the bathroom still half asleep. Once I'm out I hear my mom call

"Ten minutes Troye!" With a sigh I yell an okay, putting my sleep wear away and lugging my stuff to the car. Then I stare at the cute little house down the street. With white curtains and pale pink walls, this beautiful home holds my only infatuation. Connor. All the lights are off, seeing as its only around 5 in the morning, but I wonder if he's awake. It's possible, he is an internet kid and he never lets me forget that they don't sleep. Hesitantly I raise a hand and wave at his window that you can barely see considering its more to the back. I get no response. "You ready?" My mom asks, appearing beside me.

"sure." I say, taking one last longing look at Connor's house.

"Look, Troye I know this is hard. It shouldn't be like this but we have to go, we don't have a choice."

"I know mom, I get it." Except I don't. I'm 18 isn't it legal to stay by myself? But then the money factor comes into view alongside my separation anxiety, despite pushing people away most of the time and I understand why I must go. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. We get into the van, mom driving dad in the passenger seat.

The drive to La Crosse Municipal Airport isn't far. Only around 10 miles from the house. The green hills roll by and I can't help but think about Connors accident. What if we got into one similar to his? What would happen then? Would we stay in America or still continue our journey? I feel Steele's arm brush against mine, only this time I don't get any of his thoughts. I sigh in relief as I lean my head against the window. Maybe this is for the best, Connor won't even look at me so maybe moving away will help me move on. Deep down I know that's not true, but I allow myself to believe it now because I have nothing else to keep me going.

When we make it to the airport I thank god that its not that big, just one building with medium sized planes and a couple workers. After we go threw the security check point and baggage claim we get on the plane. It has about 10 rows back, one walk way with 2 seats on each side. The seats are padded with red and black covers, giving it a modern look even though I can tell that the plane is definitely not new. Mom and dad sit together on the left, me and Sage on the right, and Tyde and Steele behind us. When it comes time for the plane to take off I slip on my sunglasses and lean back, avoiding the window that I shouldn't of sat by. This is always the worst part, the taking off. Connor has told me how much he hates this part too, another thing we've bonded over while talking on the phone at 1 am. I'm really going to miss that. When we get back we'll most likely change our numbers, using Perth area codes again.

"Sir? Would you like a drink?" A lady in a formal blue shirt and black slacks asks me and I push my glasses onto my head.

"Uh," I hadn't even noticed that we're flying at regular speeds, steadily making our way back to Australia. "Sure." I look over to Sage as the lady walks away. Shes curled into a ball, her head on her knees and a blanket wrapped around her feet. That can't be comfortable. The flight attendant comes back with a can of soda and I thank her. Do we not get peanuts on this flight? I feel a slight kick on my seat but ignore it, I know that will only persuade him. I slip on my headphones, playing my Spotify platlist 'Travel'. I'm not okay with my current situation, not with leaving, not with how I left things with Connor, and defiantly not with the amount of times his name has flown through my head.
---
19 hours and 3 landings later I walk up to my grandfathers house, my family right behind me. I knock on the door a few times but no one answers.