Chapter 1

Amy POV:

As I walk out of the butcher's shop, I am instantly filled with sorrow. How could I just leave Ricky and John in California while I take off to go to New York? I know I am just trying to make myself happy, but how could I be so selfish? I get into the car, already feeling regretfull. "Amy, you don't have to go to New York if you want to stay with Ricky." My mom says. My father is quick to object. "No. You made your choice and now you're going to school in New York." He replies. Those two have been like this for such a long time, I've gotten used to it. "You know what? Just drop it you two. If I want to stay here, I stay here. If I want to leave, I'll leave. I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions."

For the rest of the ride, I sit in total conflict. Of course I want to go, but I love Ricky. I want to marry him. "Mom?" I ask, "can we turn around? I'm having second thoughts." She gives my dad a pained look. "Sure honey. Just make sure that this is what you really want." I nod. "It's what I want. I'm positive."

When we get back, I decide not to go to the apartment right away. I stay in my old house for a while relaxing. After an hour and a half has passed, I decide that I am ready to go see Ricky.

Ricky POV:

Surely Amy is at the airport by now. She's probably already on the plane. The flight is supposed to take off in ten minutes. I've never had my heart broken by a girl. I mean sure, I have been sad when I split with a girl before, but Amy broke my heart when she left. I don't know how I am going to deal with the pain. John is napping when I hear a knock at the door. Who could that be? Could it be Amy's mom, coming to tell me she's alright? I walk to the door and open it to find the best surprise in my life. "SURPRISE!!!" Amy shouts. I cannot speak, I am so excited. Grinning from ear to ear, I pull her close and kiss her like there's no tomorrow.