Chapter 8

Amy POV:

Two and a half weeks passed and risky and I were just beginning to move in to my mom's old house. We had already packed everything from the butcher's shop apartment and had it in the back of a small moving truck. After moving all of our stuff to our new home, we decided to take a day off of work to relax.

Ricky and I sat down on the living room couch and let John play with some toys. "I can't believe my mom gave us her house!" I said, excitement rising in my voice. Ricky nodded, but didn't say anything. He looked worried and nervous about something. "Hey," I said,"what's wrong? You can tell me." He looked at me and said "I'm scared." I was shocked. Ricky? Scared? "About what?" I asked, "what's bothering you?" He looked down at his sneakers and sighed heavily. "It's just that like, what if things don't work out? What if we don't work out?" I couldn't believe what he just said. "Honey..." I started, "why would you think that? I love you. I always will." He finally broke down. He let a few tears roll down his cheek before saying "I just don't want to lose you. All those close calls and everything. I just love you so much. I don't want anyone to get hurt. Especially the kids." I shifted over and hugged him tightly. Our embrace seemed to have lasted for hours. I was the one to break the silence. "I'll never let you go." I said.

Ricky POV:

Amy always knew what to say to me. After a while we got up from the couch to start properly moving in. We decided that John would have Ashley's old room (not in the garage) and we'd make Amy's old room into a nursery for our new baby. We we're going to take her parent's old bedroom. We didn't have much baby stuff from when John was born because we gave a lot of it to the church nursery. We had a crib, some baby toys and a few milk bottles. We set up the crib in Amy's old bedroom and moved the extra bed to John's new room. We then moved all of our clothes into our dresser and all of John's clothes into his dresser. When we were finally done unpacking, we made some lunch for the three of us.

I was finally beginning to feel like part of a stable happy family. For once in my life.