Chapter 16

Amy POV:

Months have passed and we are one week away from moving to New York. School had already finished for the two of us and we were working all day every day to get as much money as we could save for New York.

I got home around four and picked John and Dianna up from the nursery. When I got home, I put Dianna down for a nap and let John play with some toys. I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I called out. There was a brief pause before I heard a deep manly voice from behind the front door. "It is the police. Come to the door immediately." Slowly, I made my way toward the door. I opened it up and a large tall man in a police officer's uniform stood on my doorstep. "What is going on?" I asked, suddenly timid and shy. "The police have your house surrounded. There was a potential threat made about you and your spouse over social media and we are just here to ensure your safety." I suddenly became very nervous. "My safety? What was the threat? What did they say? Who?" I asked. The officer looked down upon me and said "That information is to be kept confidential until you and your husband and I can talk in private. As for him, we have sent squad cars to his workplace to bring him home safely and immediately." I nodded and shut the door, leaving the officer on the front step of my house.

Ricky gets home almost ten minutes later. He seems to be in a state of shock and surprise about the threat. A friendly police officer follows him into our home. "Alright." The officer said. "Let's get down to business." We lead the man into our kitchen and we all sit down at the table. "Okay." He starts. "There was a threat post on twitter earlier today that read: 'Ricky and Amy better watch their backs. I've got a gun and I would really like to use it. -Benn9908'" I am suddenly filled with shock and anger and begin to sob uncontrollably into Ricky's shoulder. Ricky placed his arms around me and pulled me up off the couch and into his body. "Don't worry. You won't have to deal with him for any longer." I wasn't really surprised that it was Ben. But I was surprised that he had a gun.

I went to sleep that night feeling very uncomfortable. Like something bad was going to happen. We woke up at 2:06 a.m. to the sound of my cell phone screaming. I hurriedly answered the phone. "H-hello?" I asked, still groggy "who's this?" I heard a man sobbing on the other end. "It's Leo." He said after taking a long pause. "He's gone. Benjamin took his life." I silently hung up and shook Ricky awake, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Ricky POV:

I suddenly jolted awake to Amy shaking me. I looked around, confused and noticed Amy crying. I jumped out of bed and turned on the lights. "Woah." I exclaimed, "what's wrong honey? Are you alright?" She shook her head and tears began to stream down her face. I wiped a stray tear from her cheek and sat her down on my lap in the bed. "What's up baby? What's wrong?" She took a deep breath and slouched into my body. I looked down at her and noticed that her eyes were closed and her body still. "Ames?" I asked. I checked for a pulse. No response. I jolted out of bed and rushed to my telephone. "911 what's your emergency?" "Hello? Yes my wife is not moving right now and I can't get a pulse. I think she's in a state of shock? Please help." I took a deep breath before reporting our address. "We're on our way." I closed my eyes and ran to wake up the kids. Lord please let Amy be okay.