Chapter 7

Ricky POV:

That night, we drove home with John asleep in the backseat. "I can't believe it!" I whispered. We both looked at each other and smiled. Although we were happy, what would everyone else think?

Once we got home, bunny was still in the shop working. It was around 7:00 so this surprised me. "Hey bunny." I said, "you're still working?" She looked up at me. "No, actually. I was just doing some paperwork for my daughters. I was waiting for you two to get back." I looked at her quizzically. "Why?" I asked. She looked at me and chuckled. "Why do you think?" She said. "I wanted to know if Amy was going to have a baby!" Amy and I looked at her. I hooded my head yes and Amy said "I am!!" A smile spread across Bunny's face as she leaned in to hug us both. "Congrats!" John woke up when Bunny tried to hug Amy, who was carrying him. "Sleepy" was all he said before he placed his head back on his mother's shoulder. "We should be going then." I said, and we went upstairs to our apartment. Once we were upstairs, we put John to bed and got ourselves ready for bed.

Amy POV:

I suddenly woke up around 5 in the morning, waking up to an incredibly strong wave of nausea. I bolted up straight and ran to the bathroom, waking Ricky up with my sudden movements. Ricky got up and followed me to the bathroom and held my hair back as I puked, like any good husband should. After I was done, I looked up at Ricky and thanked him and we went back to our bed. After suddenly waking up, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I lay on the bed, facing Ricky and watched him drift off to sleep.

Ricky POV:

The next morning I woke up early and cooked breakfast for my little family. I made chocolate chip pancakes (Amy's favorite) and scrambled eggs.

After we ate, we dropped John off at daycare and Amy and I decided that we should tell the rest of our parents about Amy being pregnant. We went to go tell Amy's parents first because her mom won't be in town for long since she has to go back to palm springs to take care of her mother. We knocked on the door to their old house and George appeared. "Hey guys!" He said, "what's up?" Amy and I looked at each other. "We need to talk to you and mom." Amy said. George gave us a questioning look, but let us in. Amy and I sat on the couch and her parents sat across from us. "So," Amy's mom said, "what's going on?" Amy took a deep breath before saying "I'm pregnant." Her parents gave each other a troubled look. "Don't you two learn?" George said, and sighed heavily. "We wanted another kid, actually." I said. Her mom looked at us and said "You do know that you don't have enough space in your apartment for another baby." I hadn't thought about that and judging by Amy's facial expression, neither did she. She seemed so worried. "What are we going to do then?" Amy asked, her voice small. Amy's mother gave us a thoughtful look and said "I guess you guys could live here. We still haven't sold it and nobody's going to be living here." I expected George to detest the idea, but instead he just nodded and said "it's technically not my house so do whatever you want." I was surprised that her parents would let us use their house for our new family. "Thank you." I said, and Amy nodded. "Yes. Thank you so much." She said. After a while, her parents decided that we could all move there in about two weeks. It was time to leave, so we hurried out the door, and to my great surprise, as we were leaving Amy's mom said "we're happy for you!"

The rest of the day flew by. After we left Amy's parent's house, we told Margaret and Shakur, who were pretty pissed off. Then, we told Nora, who was surprisingly happy about the whole thing.

I guess it wasn't so bad that we're having another kid.