Chapter 12

Ricky POV:

After walking into the room just to find Amy in a puddle of her own tears, I feared that the unthinkable had happened. I walked over to her bed and John sat down on a chair. "Baby," I said in a soothing tone. "What's the matter?" Instead of telling me, she just broke down into more tears. Her body was shaking so hard that I had to wrap my arms around her back to keep her steady. When she finally got her vicious sob down to a quiet whimper, I wiped her tears from her cheeks. "What's wrong honey?" I asked one more time, fearing that she might just erupt into tears again. She sniffled and looked up at me. Resting her head on the middle of my chest she said "I can't do it. I can't." She was shaking her head violently and crying harder. Stroking her hair, I pulled her close to me. I had never seen Amy like this before. "What can't you do? What's bothering you?" She looked up at me, her eyes bloodshot and wet with tears. "Why did in think this would be a good idea?" She whimpered. "It is." I said. "It's beautiful. Our baby girl is beautiful." She shook her head. "I know. It's just that I don't want her to make the same mistake that I made. I thought it was a good idea. How could it be a good idea? It's teen pregnancy. I feel like, like a slut!" Her response was not what I expected. "Honey, you're not a slut. Even if you feel like one, you're not. And you know what? That offends me. You saying that about yourself. Because I'm the only one you've ever slept with and do sluts only ever make love to one person? No." Amy buries her head in her hands and cries even more. She lifts her head up from her lap. "You're not." She says. "I'm sorry. Please don't be mad. I made a huge mistake." I run my shaking hands through my hair. She cheated on me? "WHY WOUD YOU DO THAT?" I shout. She looks at me with her bloodshot eyes and I then realize: what if this wasn't her fault?

Amy POV:

After telling him what happened, Ricky looked at me with pity in his eyes. He leaned in to hug me and whispered in my ear "I'm sorry this had to happen to you. So, so sorry."

Flashback: 4.5 months ago ( before crash and 4.5 months pregnant)

It was around noon and I was sitting on the couch at home. Ricky was at school and John was at preschool, but I had taken the day off. when the doorbell rang, I opened the door and was surprised to find Ben standing in my doorway. His hair was messed up and his buttons were in the wrong holes. Swaying back and forth on my doorstep he looked at me... no, my boobs and smiled. With slurred speech he said "I've been wanting to do this for such a long time. Amyyyyy" before I could react, he pushed me farther into my home and slammed the door shut. He was drunk. I tried to stop him but he was stronger and bigger than me and he would not listen to me since he was drunk. he pushed me on the couch and pinned me down. By then I was having a full blown panic attack. Not only was I afraid for myself, I was afraid for my baby inside of me. I turned my head and resisted him, but he held me in place. I couldn't move my hands, which he had pinned underneath his body. He then ripped off my top and started to kiss me passionately. I did not kiss back. By then I was paralyzed with fear and was weeping softly. The rest of the sex was terrible. It was painful and vigourus but I could not stop him. Ben was too strong for me to push away. All I could do was scream and cry, but of course, nobody except for Ben could hear me.

Present day Amy POV:

After telling Ricky what happened, we got one of the nurses to bring Dianna back in from the nursery, so that we could go home.

At our house, I tried to help out and clean up, but Ricky insisted that I get some rest. As I drifted off in our bed, I wondered: Does Ben remember what he did to me? If he does, does he regret it?

Ricky POV:

I woke up in the morning feeling very angry. How could Ben do this? Why would he do that to my Amy? When I turned to look at Amy, I noticed that she was not in bed. I walked out of the bedroom to find Amy on the couch singing to Dianna. I sat down next to Amy and stroked her hair. "God. I love you so much." Amy looked up at me, her hazel eyes sparkling. "Me too." She said. She began to sing again, making Dianna smile. Her voice soothing and soft as silk. I'm in love with you Amy. I thought. I'm in love with my whole family. She holds our daughter close to her chest and kisses her on the top of her head. Her hand brushes over Dianna's cheek and a tear falls from Amy's eye. I can tell that Amy is still deeply mortified about what happened with Ben. That's not something you can just forget. I have to do something about it. He can't get away with this without the consequences. Ben is nineteen, so he's old enough to go to prison for this. He deserves it.