Chapter 3 (the wedding day)

Amy POV:

I wake up bright and early at eight o'clock. I can't believe it's my wedding day!! "Wake up!!" I say as I shake Ricky out of bed, "it's our wedding day!" He hops out of bed and grins at me. "I am so lucky" he says with a chuckle, "so, so lucky" I walk to the bathroom and quickly undress to take a shower. I hear a knock on the door. Ricky enters the bathroom and looks at me up and down. "Umm... " I say, "I'm naked. I'm just gonna get into the showe--"
"I can see that" he says, cutting me off with a grin. Before I can object, he strips and steps into the warm shower water. "Come on in" he says "the water's great." I smile and step into the shower.

After the shower, I get dressed. I wear a white blouse and a pair of skinny jeans. "Ricky!" I shout, "I'm going to Grace's! She's gonna help me prepare for the wedding. You can take John with you wherever you decide to get ready." I take a paper bag with my wedding dress, makeup and hair styling stuff.

At Grace's house I knock on the front door. She answers right away. "Hey girlfriend!" She says, cheerfully. "I am so excited to see your dress! Come on upstairs. We'll get ready in my room." I follow her upstairs to her bedroom and sit down on her bed.

"I still can believe I'm getting married." I say, as Grace carefully applies my makeup. "I just love him so much." Grace finishes my makeup and moves on to my hair. Carefully, she curls each piece little by little and sprays it with plenty of hair spray.

Grace leaves the room and I slide into my white wedding dress. Looking in the mirror I think wow Amy. You're getting married. And you look beautiful too.

I call Grace back into the room to show off my dress. "Wow Amy." She says in awe. "Wow. You just look so, so beautiful." I hear a sniffle and look behind me to find my mother standing in the doorway to Grace's room, wiping away a tear. "Wow Amy. You look so lovely. I just can't believe your getting married." She states. "Kathleen invited me over when she heard you we're getting ready over here."

Ricky POV:

Shakur drives me and John to the wedding chapel that I'll be getting married in in 15 minutes. I assume that Grace is giving Amy a ride.

Once I'm at the chapel, reality sets in and I become extremely anxious. What if Amy backs out? What if nobody shows up? What if something bad happens? Sensing my anxiety, Shakur sits down on the bench next to me. "It'll be fine." He says. "I'm proud of you."

People begin coming in. Lauren and Madison are the first ones to arrive, followed by Kathy, Ethan and Margret. The next people to arrive are Kathleen, Grace, Jack, and Amy's parents. I sit in silence as everybody files into the small and cozy wedding chapel.

Soon, I am standing in front of the large crowd with Reverend Stone, awaiting my bride. The sweet harmonic wedding bells fill the air as Amy turns the corner. I gasp as she walks down the isle arms linked with her father. She is so beautiful. John follows behind her carrying two rings on a small pillow.

Amy finally reaches me and we clasp hands. " Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here, in the sight of God, and in the presence of these witnesses, to join together this man and this woman, in holy matrimony" Reverend Stone says. "Ricky, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife to live together in the holy bonds of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, and keep her in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"
"I will"
"Amy, do you take this man to be your wedded husband to live together in the holy bonds of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, and keep him in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?"
"I will"
"You may kiss the bride"
We kiss, our lips touching. I slide my hand around her back and pull away. We face the crowd, which erupts with appluase.

Amy POV:

We all decide to drive back to my house for the reception. My parents voulenteer to drive me, Ricky, and John home. As we drive, I begin to feel extremely light-headed. Then, the world goes black.