Chapter 4

Ricky POV:

After about three minutes of driving, Amy begins to look extremely tired. Concerned, I ask "Amy, are you okay?" She looks at me and shakes her head. Then, her body goes limp in her seat. "AMY!!" I scream, "George, turn around, Amy needs the hospital"
"What?!?" both parents ask in unison. "I don't know, she just collapsed and now she's unconscious" I respond. Tears begin to form in my eyes please be okay, please I think. They make a U turn and begin speeding towards the hospital. Taking a deep breath I pull out my phone and dial Grace's number.
"Hello?"
"Hey Grace, change of plans, tell whoever is driving you to head to the hospital instead."
"What?!? For who?"
"Amy. She's unconscious."
I hang up the phone and call as many people as I can think of. Hopefully word will get around in time. John is crying now. I don't blame him. I'm crying too.
"Mama?" He asks, shaking the limp shoulder of her body. "It's okay, John she's just fine." I say. I hope she's just fine.

We arrive at the hospital two minutes later. I pick Amy up and carry her bridal style into the hospital's ER. I arrive at a small desk and ask the nurse behind it, "How long is the wait list? I have an unconcious patient that needs assistance." She looks at me carrying my bride in her white gown with pity. "Thomas, get this patient into the nearest emergency room please." A tall man walks over with a stretcher and places Amy down on the small white cotton blanket. He walks her down a short corridor and into a small operating room. Without thinking, I follow. Three doctors walk into the room, testing her blood pressure and heart monitor. They look at me with pity and place a small breathing mask over her face. "She'll be fine." The nearest doctor says. "She just had an insurmountable amount of stress that can lead to fainting." I sigh with relief. "Will she be able to come home today?" I ask. "Yes." Says another doctor. "She will wake up soon and we will discharge her an hour afterwards. We just need to make sure she's hydrated and that it won't happen again."

The doctors all leave and I sit in a chair next to my bride. "I love you." I say.

Amy POV:

My vision fogs and I wake up to my handsome groom sitting beside me. "Ricky?" I croak through my oxygen mask. "What happened?" Ricky seems surprised at the sound of my voice, but his face lights up with joy. "You we're just stressed and fainted. But you'll be fine" he responds. "I wanna see my baby. And my parents." I say. Ricky gets up and walks out of the room. He comes back holding John in his arms and with my mom and dad by his side. "Mama!" John squeals. I sit up from my laying position and wrap him in my warm embrace. "Ricky told us what happened." My mom says, "we are so glad you're okay."

An hour later, I am discharged from the ER unit and am allowed to go home.

Back at home we decide not to have an overwhelming party. Just dinner and dancing.

Ricky POV:

For dinner, we have an elegant meal of pasta Alfredo and side salad with bread and butter.

After dinner I decide to make a toast. "To me and my lovely wife!" I shout. Everyone applauds.

The music starts and a slow song comes on. I bow and say to my wife "will you have this dance?"
"I will"
I pull Amy out of her seat and we move to the rythym of the slow dance. "I love you" I whisper in her ear. "I love you too." She replies.