Chapter Four

Tris POV

I wake up the next morning, and see that I have a ton of texts from Mar, Lauren, and Four. I check the texts from Mar.

M-hey girl.

M-what did your brothers say about four

M-please answer

T-they were really ticked. like trying to make me doubt myself so much.

M-ouch. tell Uri to hurry up. he won't answer his phone

I shake my head. Of course. My brothers can go on dates and be in a relationship. But I can't. I change into a basic Dauntless outfit and head downstairs. I walk straight past Zeke and Uriah and go to the cafeteria.

"Is Uri coming?" Mar asks excitedly.

"Don't know, don't care." I say.

"Are you okay?" Mar whispers.

"Meet me at our spot." I whisper back. She nods and I get up when my brothers come in. I glare at them, and receive looks of confusion. Like they don't know why I'm mad.

I walk to the Chasm and sit down in my special little place. I found it when I was six years old. It soon became my secret spot with Mar. Now we hang out hear and talk sometimes. After forever, Mar comes.

"Are you ok Tris? Please, tell me everything." she says soothingly. I start to cry.

"Zeke and Uriah are so mean! They treat me like a-a-a little girl! I'm fourteen! So what if I like Four? So what if he's sixteen? It doesn't matter!" I yell.

"Shh, it's ok Tris. It'll be fine. Just tell Four and we can work something out. Sound good?"

"Yeah." I whisper. We stand up head back to the cafeteria. Zeke and Uriah run over and start yelling at me.

"Where were you? We were worried about you! Don't you ever do that aga-" I cut off Zeke's ranting.

"Leave me alone." I push through them and walk over to the table. I sit down next to Four.

He smiles at me.

"You okay?" Four asks, concerned. "I'm fine. I need to talk to you." He nods and I lead him to my house. I can feel my brothers staring at me angrily. I take him to my room.  I breathe deeply.

"Listen Four. I like you. I don't care what my stupid brothers say. I want to be with you. I get it if you don't feel the same way. You know what, I probably sound crazy. Why would you like me? I'm not pretty, I'm not-" Four cuts me off.

"I like you too. Even though Zeke is my friend, I'd rather have you. No offense to Zeke, of course." I laugh. "So, uh, Tris, would you like to, um, you know, uh,  go on a, erm, date? Tonight?" Four asks shyly.

"Of course." Then our lips connect. I feel sparks fly. We kiss for what feels like an infinity. And then the door bursts open. I hear Zeke's angry shout.

"WHAT THE-" He comes in and rips Four away from me, pinning him to the wall. Zeke starts punching Four, and Four tries to fight back, but Zeke has him pinned by the throat. I try to pry Zeke off of him but he pushes me away. I fall over and hear a crack. I watch as Four's unconscious body falls to the floor. His face is coated in blood, and I think his nose is broken. I tackle Zeke, hitting him and crying.

I collapse next to Four, crying. I lash out at Zeke.

"I HATE YOU! YOU HURT HIM! GO AWAY!" I scream at Zeke. He looks shocked, but leaves the room. I cry onto Four's limp body.

Sometimes I really hate my brothers.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I'm thinking of skipping ahead to after Tris's initiation in a few chapters. Comment any ideas for the story.

Also check out a wonderful story called Dauntless Born Divergent by 123tobias. It is an awesome story. So yeah. That's all.

Fear doesn't shut you down.

It wakes you up.