Chapter Eleven

Tris POV

"I have some secrets of my own," I tell Tobias. Sighing, I go on. "I've never had a boyfriend. I've never gotten close to a guy. And I'm not truly a Pedrad. I mean, yeah, that's what my birth certificate says, but I look nothing like Zeke and Uri. Nothing. And I'm not pretty. It's not like being different from my brothers makes me prettier or something. I'm not pretty. I'm ugly. So if your dating me for my looks, I suggest you go now before your too disappointed."
He stares at me like I just said I like to kill bunnies for fun. "Beatrice Pedrad, you are officially insane." This time, I stare at him. "Yeah, I said it. Tris, when will you realize that you are beautiful! You are perfect! And if you can't see that. I don't even know. My point is, you are amazing. And I love you. I will never stop loving you. I don't ever want you to forget that." He wraps his strong arms around me and I cry into his shoulder.
I don't remember feeling tired, but I fall asleep in his arms.

Tobias POV

I carry Tris to her apartment after cleaning everything up. Zeke is waiting at the door. "What happened to her?" he asks annoyed. I notice that her makeup is smeared from her crying.
"Nothing, Zeke." I respond coldly. "You should really stop doing this to your sister. She deserves a life, you know."
He just jerks his head back, gesturing for me to bring Tris inside. I carry her to the only room that is black and rainbow colored. As I lay her on the bed, I feel Zeke's stare burning holes into my back.
"Zeke, when will you understand? I'm dating Tris. Deal with it." I hear a sigh from behind me.
"You don't get it Four. I have to protect her and Uriah. I'm basically their dad."
I feel something break inside of me.
"I know."
I wish my father had been like that.