Chapter 3. The Way The Flour Falls.

Sarah's P.O.V.

Make it up to me? How?

These words constantly ran through my head for the rest of the day. After Zander left the Home Ec. Class I didn't see him at all. If he has all the same classes as me, it meant he had ditched school. To do what, is my question.

Making my way to art class, I can't help but think about what he might have in mind. Cookies maybe? I'd probably give someone cookies.

Art is my favorite class. We get to work with many different tools and paints, much better than the past years of arts.

~ Flashback ~

"Ms. Jones, please present your art project."

Quietly I get up, making my way to the front of the class. This year for art we had to make a painting using only water colors, not like we even had anything else to use. The painting could be anything that inspires you - to anything that you hate.

I painted a pizza. I got an A+.

~ End Of Flashback ~

Now mind you, that was in fifth grade. I didn't know what else to paint, so I painted something I love, Pizza. I also had a rival, Samantha Willow. She has had it out for me ever since my pizza painting got a higher grade than her flower. Cut throat, I know. Also really petty and ridiculous . . .

It's stupid, really. She, to this day, has it out for me and does anything in her power to bring me down. Don't underestimate her either, because as soon as you do, she comes after you with her twenty boyfriends and good grades. She may be a nerd, but with that much money and that good of a body you're bound to be popular. Which brings me to wonder, is Zander popular? He hasn't really been present the few days he's been here, but he could still be popular.

Walking into my art class, I find a seat in the back. Since I'm the only one in here I can finally listen to some music. Putting on some Panic! At The Disco, I lay my head down on my desk. Not even five minutes in, someone taps on my shoulder. It takes everything in me not to groan in annoyance. I'm sorry, Brendon, but I'm going to have to pause your beautiful voice for a minute. Looking up, I see non-other than Zander himself. Geez, even thinking about the dude makes him randomly appear!

"Can I sit here?" Zander points to the chair next to me. Giving him a very forced smile, might I add, I nod. He smiles at me and plops down in the chair.

"So, about Home Ec. yesterday. I'm really sorry about that." He scratches the back of his neck, giving me a slight smile and starts - Oh my gosh, is he? BLUSHING?!

Before I can respond, the teacher walks in and silences the class that filled up within the short amount of time. I give Zander a smile, showing him that it's alright. I focus on the teacher and take notes on what he's saying, even stealing a few glances at Zander in the process.

"Alright Class, We will be doing a group project. Please pick your partners, then I will begin to explain what you have to do."

Great, I hate group projects.

"Want to be my partner, Cupcake?"

In both Home Ec. and Arts? No thank you, I don't want to be partners with anyone for that matter!

"Sure."

Cursed with politeness, thanks mom! Note the sarcasm.

"Great, I'll go sign us in." Zander gets up from his seat and walks up to the front, signing us in as partners.