Chapter 37. Party Hard, Part 2.

"Sarah?"

I try to turn around to see him, but again am restricted by Keagen's arms locked around me. I glare up at him darkly and open my mouth to reply. He looks back down at me with an evil smirk, leaning forward and kissing me again to silence my words. His hand moves downward, groping my butt roughly while he moans against my mouth again. I struggle helplessly against his hold, tears burning the back of my eyes. Before I know it, I'm being ripped out of his hold by strong hands, my legs like jelly as I fall to the floor. My head hits the corner of the dresser behind me. I groan in pain and reach up behind my head to touch the now sore spot, my eyes blurring slightly then focusing again. I draw my hand back and groan again when I see the scarlet blood on my fingers.

"Fuck!" Keagen's shout causes me to look back up quickly, just in time to see Zander's fist connect loudly with his jaw, sending Keagen stumbling backwards. Zander leaps forward and punches him again, giving quick and hard blows to his face. Keagen's nose is dripping blood, his lip cut as well. Zander shoves him back roughly, causing him to fall down on the floor. I quickly scramble to my feet and run over to Zander, tentatively touching his shoulder with my still shaky hands.

He looks over his shoulder at me, his expression emotionless and cold. I lightly pull on his shirt, my eyes staring up at him pleadingly. He turns back to Keagen's unconscious frame on the floor and kicks him in the stomach roughly. He turns back towards me and grabs my arm tightly, causing me to gasp softly in pain. He ignores my soft plea and starts pulling me out the door. The music is still pounding loudly throughout the house, the noise making my head hurt even worse.

I gasp in pain again when a shoulder slams into mine, sending me stumbling back a few steps with only Zander's hand on my arm to keep me steady. He continues on, dragging us down the hallway. I look back to see who the person was, my mouth falling agape when I see Samantha glaring at me as she enters the room we were just in. No . . . She didn't . . .

An arm wrapping around my waist pulls me back to reality, Zander holds me closer to his chest as he pushes through the hoards of teens. He shoves some to the side if the wouldn't move, earning us curses and some middle fingers. He makes it to the door, pulling us towards the spot he parked the jeep. I can't help but to sigh in relief when the music starts to fade into silence. I grimace as another wave of pain washes over me, making my eyes blur again and my head pounds with a raging headache.

"Z-Zander, s-s-stop please." I reach up and grip my forehead, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. He stops and places his hand on my shoulder.

"What hurts," He whispers softly, his arm around my waist pulling me closer to his chest.

I whimper painfully as I fight to stay awake, my vision still not focusing when I open my eyes. I look up at him brokenly, my hands moving to grip his shoulders as tears start to stream down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Zander, I -" My knees tremble and give out underneath me, my head spinning even more. Zander doesn't let me fall, but holds me even tighter against his chest. I faintly hear him call my name and gently shake me, my eyes opening again weakly.

"C'mon stay awake, tell me what hurts," He searches my face frantically, his voice rough and unsteady.

I blink slowly, "Head . . . dresser . . ." I gasp out in pain again, my eyes slamming shut as another wave of pain hits me. His fingers move to gently touch the back of my head, his breath catching his throat when his fingers connect with my open wound.

"Shit, you're bleeding," He lets go of my waist with one hand, then hooks his arm under my legs to carry me the rest of the way to the jeep. He opens the door and sets me down on the seat, his hands resting on my cheeks to hold me upright.