Bonus Chapter!

"Millie, no! Drop it!" Zander runs across our living room with his arms outstretched towards our small tabby cat, who is currently holding his shoelaces hostage.

I giggle softly from my spot on the couch, watching with amusement as Millie runs right between his legs and back into the kitchen. Zander groans in frustration and makes his way to me, dropping to his knees in front of me and resting his forehead on my stomach. I smile and reach up, gently running my fingers through his hair.

"I could always buy you new shoe laces."

He looks up at me tiredly and shakes his head, "What? So devil cat can steal them again?" He sighs and rests his head on my stomach, his hands splaying almost protectively along my sides. "I won't let that devil cat hurt you, buddy." He gently kisses the slight bump that is my stomach, a happy smile floating across his face as he runs his hands over me.

I narrow my eyes down at him and place my hand on the top of my stomach, "You refer to our baby as a he, but I'm certain SHE will be surprising you in six months."

He looks up at me challengingly with a smirk firmly planted across his lips, "Or HE will be surprising you." He looks back down to my stomach and his expression melts into one of pure happiness. He leans forward again and rests his forehead there gently, "Ain't that right, little guy?" He whispers softly, making my heart stutter in my chest at the beautiful man kneeling before me. I gently run my fingers through his hair as he rests there, a smile beaming on my face.

The moment is ruined, however, by the shrill sound of the door bell ringing. Millie, as usual, tears off immediately and hides underneath the couch, the sound scaring her half to death. We really should fix that . . .

Zander sits up and sighs, eventually standing up with my hands now in his. He smiles and leans back down, capturing my lips in a sweet kiss.

"I gotta go get the door, Cupcake." He smiles into the kiss, his words nothing but a soft murmur. I hum in response and press my lips firmly against his again. His smile stays put, making it a little more difficult to kiss him, but not impossible. He finally pulls away, making me cry out in disappointment. I pout up at him, but stand to follow him to the door.

"I brought desserts!" Gina exclaims happily when we open the door, a huge tray filled with different assortments of chocolate and sugary delights. My mouth waters at the sight of them and my stomach rumbles loudly.

"Those look heavenly," I gesture for Gina to come in, my eyes not leaving the tray.

"Yeah, but it was hell trying to make them." A disgruntled voice joins us in the hallway. I look up and smile at Zach warmly.

I reach out and pat his back comfortingly, "I bet, I've seen Gina in the kitchen, it's definitely a nightmare." I lean forward and shield my mouth as I whisper, "Even worse than Zander."

Zach laughs loudly and casts a glance over at Zander who is leaning against the door jam to the living room, glowering at both of us. Gina sighs loudly and gently grabs my arm, shouting over her shoulder towards the boys. "I'm stealing Sarah, don't come into the kitchen unless called!"

I roll my eyes at her, "It's not like we're hiding something in here, G."

She hushes me with a simple look then pushes me down onto a seat, "Sit, I don't want you overworking yourself." She smiles down at my stomach happily, her eyes shining with love.

I repress another eye roll and give her a pointed look, "I'm not immobilized, I'm barely even three months!"

She points a finger at me and glares playfully, "I don't care, I don't want my little nephew getting hurt." This time I snort back a laugh at that. She grins widely then claps her hands, "Okay! So I brought you in here today to try this secret dessert," She leans forward to whisper as not to be heard, "Don't tell them, I want to see their reactions when they accidentally eat one."