Chapter 29. Just Friends.

W-What?

I stare up at him with shock, the tears drying up quickly. He stares back down at me anxiously. My mouth opens and closes as I try to respond. What are words again?

He looks away and bites his lip, sending my poor heart into a frenzy. Oh gosh, is this real life? Did he really just ask me out on a date?! His eyes lock onto his shoes, his brows creasing into a small frown.

"On a date . . . A date?!" The words tumble out of my mouth in shock. His eyes stay locked with his shoes, examining some imaginary dirt or something. A date?!?!

"I-I mean you don't have to if you don't want to, I'll understand and stuff I've just uh been wanting to ask for a while now and uh - "

I giggle softly, cutting off his nervous ramblings. He's too darn adorable. I gently move my hand to his cheek, bringing his face back up to look at me. My heart melts into a little puddle when I see the panicked look in his eyes, fear of rejection clouding over whatever confidence he had. Oh my fudge, he was actually nervous!

I smile up at him brightly, my cheeks tinting pink the more I think about the question.

I would like to take you somewhere.

Feelings burst throughout my chest, my skin tingling and my heart so feeling light and happy.

On a date.

I can't help to stop the excited squeak that passes my lips, surprising both of us. I quickly nod, "When?!" I'm basically bouncing in place, my excitement coursing through my veins like wildfire.

He kissed me, and now he actually wants to take me on a date?! This is like a fairy tale!

A huge grin spreads across his face at my words. He gently wraps me up in his arms, laughing loudly in delight while spinning me in place. He sets me down but doesn't let go, keeping our bodies pressed together in a way that has my cheeks flushing bright red.

He moves his hand up and gently brushes away a few stray hairs then cups my cheek in his palm. "Tomorrow night, I'll pick you up around seven. You'll want to wear something cute, even though no matter what you wear you look adorable in."

"Okay." I smile up at him widely, my arms wrapping around his neck. "I'll see you then?"

He grins and nods, "See you then." He pulls me up again into a bone crushing hug, taking my breath away. I squeeze back and shut my eyes happily, savoring the hard yet gentle embrace. I sigh softly and open my eyes again but almost gasp in shock. Out of the corner of my eye I notice someone staring. I quickly look away and pull away from the hug, glancing around Zander's arm to where the person was standing only to be met with a few bushes.

I'm losing my marbles.

"Everything alright?" Zander turns to look in the direction I am, then turns back to me with a confused smile. I quickly smile back reassuringly and pat his cheek.

"Yup, everything's fine. Just thought I saw something."

He nods in understanding then pulls away, keeping a firm hold on my hand, and mounts his bike. He smiles up at me, "See you tomorrow, Cupcake."

I blush again and nod, gently squeezing his hand in mine. Slowly, he lets go of my hand to start put on his helmet and start his engine. It roars to life, the loud sound seeming to vibrate right through me. He flips the visor of his helmet up to smile at me again, then moves to flip it back down. Quickly running forward, I stop his wrist from pulling it down and land a quick kiss on his nose.