Chapter 27. Parental Guidance.

"Sarah." Gina's voice whispers from beside me, slowly pulling me out of my deep sleep. "Sarah, wake up this is important." She gently shakes my shoulder, worry etched in her voice.

I groan in response, rolling onto my side and peeking one eye open. Sleepily, I yawn and stretch, then flop back into the pillows. "What is it, Gina?" I mumble quietly, slowly drifting back into dream world of hunters and vampires.

Huehe, eat it twilight.

"Sarah, wake up. This is serious." Her shakes become more violent, her voice trembling and cracking. I open my eyes immediately, worry and panic causing my muscles to tighten.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I whisper back, gently grabbing her arm reassuringly. Her wide panic stricken eyes turn to meet mine, my heart thumping loudly in my chest.

Her lips part, the words so quiet and full of terror. "There's someone in the house."

My eyes widen, "Wh-What?" I stutter nervously, my eyes darting towards the door and back to her face.

She gulps and shakily motions towards the floor, indicating to the living room beneath us. "I was on my way up to see you anyways when I heard the front door start opening, I didn't see who it was because I ran up here as fast as I could."

I nod slowly, "O-Okay where's my phone?" I quickly look around the room, spotting my phone on the windowsill from where Zander and I came back down from the roof.

Wait

Zander!

I quietly move off the bed, stepping onto the floor as not to make a sound. I tip-toe over to my phone and sigh in relief when I grab it. Quickly dialing his number, I look back over to a trembling Gina and give her a shaky nod of encouragement.

"Hello?" His groggy morning voice echoes through the phone, my heart easing slightly in comfort.

"Zander." I whisper shout, "Zander can you hear me?!"

"Sarah? What's going on? Yeah I can hear you, is everything alright?" His voice clears, any sign of sleep gone as worry takes hold.

"No, someone's in the house." My body suddenly starts to shake, fear gripping my bones. I make my way back over to Gina, both of us curling into each other while staring at the door.

"Don't move! I'm on my way, lock your door!" He rushes out as sounds of things opening and doors slamming fill the background. His engine starts, the noise so loud it seems to echo across my room. Gina's eyes widen even more, her hands reaching up to quickly hang up the phone.

"What if they heard that?!" She whispers, tears pooling in her eyes and streaming down her cheeks.

I reach over and pull her into me, cradling her against my chest protectively even though I'm just as scared. "We have to stay calm, Zander is on his way. He sai - "

"Sarah? Sarah, where are you?!" Someone shouts from down the hall, causing both of us to stiffen. I stare at the door, my eyes darting over to the lamp by the door. Weapon.

I whisper softly, my heart jumping into MY throat, "Get behind the bed, Gina." I rush over to the lamp, grabbing it in time before the door swings open. Gina screams loudly, flinging herself to the floor. I blindly swing the lamp, fear and adrenaline pumping through me. The person yelps in pain, falling backwards into the hallway.

"Sarah Michelle Jones, what in the heavens are you doing?!" Arms wrap around me, hands pulling the lamp away from my grip. I scream in fright, tears streaming down my cheeks now.