Chapter 8. Hot Topic and Slurpees, Part 2.

Sarah's P.O.V.

"May I have a sip of that?"

"Touch my cup, you die."

Zander and I are sat in the mall food court eating pizza and sipping Slurpees. After we arrived we headed straight to the food court because, according to him, his 'stomach was about to burst out at any moment and ravish the world.' So basically, an over dramatic way of saying he's hungry.

"Geez, didn't know you had that in you." He smirks and slides his hand away from my cup and back to his own cherry slurpee. My pizza was long gone, my blue berry drink almost finished as well. All good things come to an end. Sighing softly as I reach the end of my drink I slowly poke at the olives on my plate left from Zander's pizza.

"You all done?" I look up to meet his eyes, nodding and pushing my plate towards him.

"Thanks." I smile up at him and gather the rest of the trash. We throw away our stuff and start walking towards the seemingly endless amount of stores.

"So, where would you like to go?" I glance around before my eyes land on the holy grail of all stores.

Hot Topic.

The perfect place to find your favorite band merch, fan posters, and costume outfits. And a great way to drain your cash, FAST. A huge smile makes its way onto my face. Grabbing Zander's arm, I pull him towards one of my favorite stores. I burst into the store, my eyes scanning over the rows and rows of band tees and posters. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I rush towards the band tees, looking through the many different shirts. Zander sticks his hands in his pockets, wandering around the store with me.

He picks up a stuffed green Minecraft creeper, "Oh look, it's the exploding jerk who blows up your house just when it looks perfect." He glares at the little plush with so much hate that I can't help but laugh. I take the plush from his hands, gently hugging it to my chest.

"Awe, but it's so cute!! I'm getting it!" I giggle slightly and skip away towards the posters, Zander following me in disbelief.

"How could you think that little green devil can be adorable?!" He stares at me incredulously, walking in front of me to halt my walking.

"Well why not? It's just a plush toy, Zander. What did it ever do to you?" I poke his chest, bringing the Creeper up next to my face and pout. He rolls his eyes at me, giving me a deadpan look before turning away muttering a silent "Whatever," under his breath.

Picking out a few supernatural posters, I skip my way over to the cashier. I have no idea where Zander went. The cashier is a tall boy with brown hair, a lip ring hanging from his bottom lip. He smirks at me and leans against the counter as I drop my stuff onto it.

"Hiya, Darling. How can I help you?"

"Heya, sugar! I would like to ring up my items please." I smile up at him, leaning against the counter as well and stare into his bright blue eyes.

He grins over at me and starts ringing up my items, "Sure thing, honeybun!" I laugh at the nickname, standing back up straight.

"Thanks, C. How's life been? Gosh, it feels like ages since I've been in this Hot Topic!" He laughs with me and puts my stuff in the bag.

"Life's been great! Your amount is fifty-eight seventy-eight." He puts my items into a bag then slides them over to me, "I've been so busy with work, school, and the little one lately. She's been wanting to go to the park so much, but I haven't had the chance to take her. And now, with her mother trying to force all this legal stuff on me, I feel like I'm drowning."