Chapter 2

The classroom was filled with silence. I took a deep breath, folded my arms and started walking towards the crowd with a diva-like expression on my face. I felt everyone's eyes  scanning me from head to toe; from my black Nike shoes over my dark-brownish hair to my eyeliner. I stopped in front of Ms. Sassy, looking on her name tag. Min Ye Shin. Her parents should've named her Ye Shit instead.

I kneeled down to the floor and stood up afterwards to pick up the shirt Min Ye Shit threw a few moments ago. At the same time I checked the name tag of the girl sitting on the floor. Han Hyeri.

Bravely I grabbed the left wrist of Ye Shit with my empty hand and raised her hand, so everyone could see a huge band aid in her palm.Her eyes widened and she loosened herself from my grip and took her hand down in a rush.

"Who- Who are you?" she spitted out.

"Aye, what happened to your hand? Judging from the size of your band aid, something horrible must have happened" I said in a concerned tone -faking it, obviously-.

She remained silent and another girl answered instead. "She got burnt badly".

"Oh really? Then it must hurt awfully everytime she touches something or carries something heavy." I said.

"Obviously."

"Your poor hand. I wonder how you managed to hit the table like that with your injured hand. Let me take a look at it" I grabbed her hand violently this time and peeled off the band aid in her palm to reveal about four small green color splashes in it. I compared it with the color of the shirt and -as expected- it was the same.

Everyone gasped in surprise, Ye Shit remained in silence.

As I saw the teacher entering the room I made my way to a seat in the last row, set my backpack aside and left the crowd in speechlessness.

~~~~~~~~~

The teacher didn't even care about Hyeri and casually started class.

"Could you introduce yourself, please?" he asked.

I stood up from my seat. "My name is Seung Mirae" I said smoothly and sat back down.

About ten minutes later I could still feel someone's eyes on me. I saw Ye Shit looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Excuse me." I said, breaking the silence the classroom was filled with. Turning to Ye Shit I continued "Is there something in my face? I would be thankful if you could stop starring at me like a creep."

She cleared her throat and focused on the teacher who was standing in the front of the classroom. She gave him a faked smile and pretended to study, not facing me anymore. She's pretending to be nice in front of the teacher, I guess.

I did the same as I feeled the teacher's glare on me. The other students in the room whispered continuously -probably about me-.

~~~~~~~~~~

About five minutes later the door opened and a tall boy entered the room. He walked straightforward to me, grabbed my books and pencil case and stuck them into my backpack.

"What are you-" I attempted to speak but was interrupted when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his direction, causing me to stand up from my seat. He loosened his grip, so I could free my wrist. We were facing each other for a short moment until he pushed me a few centimetres to the side and sat down on my seat.

"Yaaah" I bursted. His rudeness was driving me crazy, urgh.

He looked up to my direction, facing me again. "Could you stop being so noisy? Some people want to study here." I heard his husky voice for the first time.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself down and started to speak calmly this time. "You're the one who caused this-"

"That's my seat." I was interrupted again.

"There's another empty seat in the third row, next to Hyeri. Just seat yourself there and stay silent for the rest of my class." the teacher said in an annoyed tone.

Giving that rude guy a pissed  look, I went to the empty seat.