Chapter 13

I rushed to the toilet as soon as the bell rang.

After, uhm 'powdering my nose', I left the bathroom stall and went to the sink. When I was about to leave,  I suddenly heard a familiar voice talking on the phone in one of the other bathroom stalls.

"How am I supposed to tell that my parents?" she stopped for a moment and raised her voice a moment later "JUST SHUT UP IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY."

She started crying, "I went to the doctor a week ago."

Seemed to be a private conversation. I decided to leave.

I went to my locker and fetched my backpack. Afterwards I headed to the canteen and seated myself at an empty table. But the empty spots filled immediately when Joowon, Jongsuk and Minki seated themselves next to me.

"Thanks for reserving us a table, Mrs. Kim" Minki said.

"Yaah, stop that" I threatened Minki with an evil gaze.

"Why? You want to keep your surname after marriage?" Taehyung suddenly appeared behind me.

I stayed silent and directed my gaze on my lap.

"Move over" Taehyung patted Joowon's shoulder and Joowon switched his seat.

Taehyung sat down next to me and took out a sandwich from his backpack.

He took a few bites and looked at the boys.

"Why are you glaring at me like that?" he said while chewing.

"You seemed like someone with better taste" Jongsuk said, looking at me.

"Aish, punk" Taehyung cursed at him.

"Mirae," he turned to me "Take a bite", he handed me his sandwich.

"Thanks" I said and took a giant bite as Taehyung started giggling.

"We just had an indirect kiss" he smiled widely.

"Aish, shut up" I replied at his silliness.

"Why? You want a direct one?" he winked.

The boys started woo-ing and making kissing noises.

"Why not?" I smiled and grabbed Taehyung's hand. I placed a peck on his  hand and let it go afterwards.

"Was that supposed to be a kiss?" Joowon starred at me in disgust.

"Yeah. Why? Bring your girlfriend and show us what a kiss is," I smirked and folded my arms "if you have one."

The three other boys went insane and laughed their asses off.

"Seems like someone found his way back to his brothers" Kangjun suddenly appeared and sat down on the seat opposite Taehyung and reached him his hand. Taehyung high fived him and smiled widely.

"Welcome back, hyung" Kangjun smiled.

"I'm glad to be back" Taehyung replied as he threw one of his arms around mine and the other one around Joowon's shoulder.

~~ The next day ~~

At recess Taehyung and I walked a littlie bit around - hand in hand.

"We have a school festival on Friday" Taehyung informed me, "I used to have a lot of fun on those festivals with the boys back then."

I suppressed the urge of asking him what happened two years ago.

"We're going to the festival, right?" he smiled warmly.