Chapter 4

"When I think about it, I actually like tall girls."

I tried to reply but couldn't find any suitable words for this situation. Fortunately he didn't even give me an opportunity to speak.

"Just seat youself somewhere else"

I gave in and nodded. I turned back to my locker "Okay".

"Thanks" he casually said and headed to another direction.

I was still holding my books in my left hand as I decoded my locker. I reached out my hand to open it when a hand suddenly grabbed my hand, stopping me from opening my locker.

I directed my gaze to the side to see Taehyung again.

"What is it this time?" I asked annoyed and loosened my hand from his.

He took my hand again, turned around and stepped in front of me so that I faced his back. We were standing aside of my locker as he reached out his other hand to my locker and opened it.

My eyes widened as green paint splashed out of my locker. Ye Shit, you little piece of shit.

Taehyung got a few small color splashes on his uniform. I would be completely green if he didn't pull me aside.

He turned to me and stared directly into my eyes -still holding my hand-. His expression was blank. "A little 'thank you' for seating yourself somewhere else."

He let my hand go and was about to leave when I called after him "How did you-" I just decided not to question him.

After he left I noticed everyone's eyes on me, but I didn't care at all.

I closed my locker and headed to my destination.

How the hell did this girl manage to arrange that trap when today's my first day at school? That piece of Shit.

~~~

School finally ended and I made my way to the café I started working at a week ago.

The café was full with costumers, so I hurried and changed into casual clothes and put my apron on. I started my shift as I left the worker's locker room.

I worked diligently and served every costumer with a friendly expression on my face.

"The green tea is for table eight" I heard my co-worker shouting.

"Got it" I made my way to table eight with a tray in my hand.

The café got a lot quieter in the past hours.

"AAAAAAAARGH" I squeled loudly.

Someone got in my way and we bumped into each other so that the tea poured over my whole body. The hot liquid burned on my skin.

I eyed the person who caused this and was unable to believe what I saw. It was that Taehyung guy again.

He was about to say something, but I hurried into the locker room to change into my school uniform as soon as possible. My upper body was awfully red and my skin was still burning terribly. I just bore the pain since there was nothing like a shower for the workers.

Fortunately the owner of the café gave me permission to leave earlier today.

Slowly I made my way home. I looked around with the hope of seeing someone I knew. I didn't want to walk home alone. But what was I expecting? I had no friends yet.

Besides Taehyung.

No way. We were not that close to be labeled as friends. But he could've waited for me and apologize for the trouble he caused. That was the least he could do.

Since I felt a little lonely I decided to call my father to distract myself a little bit.

"Yes?" my father answered my call.

"Appa, are you already at home?"

"I'm in the middle of a meeting right now. Is something wrong? Aren't you working? Mirae-"

"I'm alright. I just missed you. Don't let your employees wait and finish your meeting." I cut my father off.

"Okay, let's talk when I'm home then"

"Ne~" I replied and hung up.

I smiled unknowingly as I thought about my father. After my mother died he was the only person I could rely on. Although he owns a big company, parenting me was always his priority. He didn't raise me as an arrogant and superior-feeling child, he wanted me to grow up like any other child. He even got me several jobs, so I could learn to be independent and earn my own money just like him. Not even one of my friends, or even my teachers, at my old school knew about my family background. "True friends are those, who love you for who you are" that's what my father always says.

I finally reached the gate of our house after a long time.

"Mirae, my daughter" my father greeted me.

"Appa? Why are you at home? What about the meeting?" I was surprised.

"I just postponed the meeting."

He took my backpack and carried it to my room. I followed him and we sat down on my bed.

"What's the matter? Why are you home at this hour? It's not even evening yet. Was your first day at school so bad?"

"Dad, I'm fine. Really. I'm just a little bit tired. That's all."

"I don't believe you, but fine. You know that you can come and talk to me whenever you want."

He stood up and patted my head "Aish, my troublemaker".

I smiled at him innocently.

After he left I went to the bathroom and took a cold and quick shower. Hoping for it to help, I applied some sunburn salve.

I didn't blame Taehyung at all. I mean, he didn't do that on purpose.