Chapter 26 (End)

No matter how hard I tried to protest, my body disobeyed and I kissed him back. About three seconds later I realized what I was doing and broke the kiss.

I pulled up his toque. After thinking about everything that happened while staring at the ground for another three seconds, I got pissed. When I was so deep in love, he only played with my heart. And after confessing everything, he made me lose my mind.

I turned around, ready to leave but Taehyung stopped me by holding onto my arm.

"Don't go."

I mustered all my strengh and kicked him in between his legs. He let go of my arm and took hold of the lower half of his body. I took the opportunity and ran off.

Foolish me didn't even know where to go and roamed around in the dark forest.

A couple of minutes later I heard Taehyung's voice calling for me. I ignored it at first but after a while it started to annoy me.

"Shut up!" I shouted as I continued walking.

One moment later he responded "But you're walking into the wrong direction." His voice was louder and he seemed to be nearer.

"That's none of your business!" I hissed back.

"I'm just trying to help a fellow citizen in need" he shouted.

"So you're admitting that it's none of your business?" I said to myself in a low tone.

"No, I'm not" he appeared in front of me.

I stopped walking and looked at him with a blank expression.

"Do you always respond like that after kissing someone?" he asked.

"Why? Do you want an addition?" I crossed my arms.

"If that makes you stay, why not?"

Urggggh, that rude jerk was making my heart skipping beats again.

I crouched down and picked up a handful of pebbles.

"I can't describe how much I dislike you" I threw one of the pebbles in his direction but missed him. "Who do think you are?" I threw another one. "Don't you understand how much I'm hurting just by looking at you?" I threw the rest of the pebbles in his direction.

Suddenly he gripped his forehead and groaned with pain.

Despite the fact that I was mad at him I rushed to his side. Feeling guilty, I hid my face behind my hands.

"Are- Are you okay?" I asked him nervously.

"Can you check if it is bleeding?"

I moved my hand to his hand and moved it away from his forehead.

There was absolutely nothing. The pebble didn't even touch him.

I was still touching his hand when he took hold of mine and moved forward, causing me to follow him.

"Let me go!" I tried to free my hand from his grip.

"You'll end up getting lost if I let you go."

"I won't. I can still follow you when you're not holding my hand."

"Fine" he sighed as he let go of my hand.

We didn't exchange another word for minutes. Although I didn't want to talk to him, I just had to ask him.

"Your uncle, over all those years he was like a second father to me. Does he know about this?"

"He's a man with pride. I wouldn't be able to see you ever again if he knew."