Chapter 7

"Shut up, please" I muttered to myself as I turned off my alarm clock.

I yawned as I stood up from my bed to get ready for school.

"Good morning, punk" my father greeted me as I entered the kitchen.

"Morning" I replied half asleep.

I took out some bread to prepare today's lunch.

"What are you doing?" father asked and took a sip of coffee.

"Lunch at school sucks. I'm preparing some sandwiches."

"Are you going to work today? If not, we could cook dinner together like we used to do before."

"Would be nice." I gave him a warm smile.

I packed the finished sandwiches in my backpack, gave my dad a kiss on his cheek and left.

Going down the street, I noticed a girl with the same uniform as me walking in front of me. Taking a closer look, I realized that it's Hyeri, that fraud. I walked faster to overtake her, so I could avoid to look at her.

"Mirae" she stopped behind me.

I stopped for a moment and turned my head to face her. I folded my arms and gave her a judging gaze. "What is it?"

"Don't you have something to tell me?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Uhm, I don't really want to curse so early in the morning."

"I heard what happened in gym class. What did you offer Kangjun? Why did he let you go like that?" she bended her arms.

"Mind your own business."

"Kangjun's business is my business. That's how it works between couples."

Couple? Woaah, I didn't see that coming.

"Then go and ask himself. I have no idea."

I turned around and continued walking.

"Hey, I'm not done talking yet" I heard her calling behind me.

I plugged my headphones in and ignored her.

What the hell is wrong with this girl? I thought she would apologize.

I put my hands in my pocket and hummed along to the song I was listening to.

Suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. I put off my headphones and turned around to see a man standing in front of me.

"Ahjusshi!" I said happily and bowed as I realized it was our housekeeper "Are you feeling better? I heard that you were sick."

"Yes yes, don't worry." he gave me a warm smile "I see you're going to school. Hurry and don't be late, I'll see you at home then"

"Ne~" I said and bowed again.

~~~

I walked down the hallway as I heard someone calling my name.

"Seung Mirae-shi" our homeroom teacher, Mrs Yang was waiting for me in front of the classroom.

I stopped in front of her.

"Yes?" I was surprised.

"You requested to sit somewhere else, a few days ago, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did."

"There's only one empty seat in the last row. Is that okay?"

"Of course, thank you" I smiled and bowed.

Mrs Yang went inside the classroom, followed by me. She pointed at a seat at the back of the class. I bowed again and went to the last row.

I noticed that Taehyung's seat is only two seats away from mine.

I placed my books on the table, set my backpack aside and sat down.

"Seems like I got a new seatmate"

I turned my head to see Kangjun, who sat down on the seat next to me and gave me a smile.

"Kangjun" I folded my arms.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you help me last time?" I came straight to the point.

"Let's talk another time" he pointed at Hyeri, unobtrusively.

"Alright."

~~~

Ten minutes after class began, Taehyung entered the room. Nobody except me was paying attention to him, as if being late was something totally normal.

Our eyes met and he smiled slightly. I guess he's happy to be able to see the board again.

"All of you should be able to solve.." our homeroom teacher talked continually.

Gosh, this subject was so easy, I got bored.

I placed my head on the table and closed my eyes until the end of the lesson.

I was extremely unmotivated and casually did the same for the following lessons.

~~~

The bell rang and it was finally lunch time.

I raised my head from the table and packed my books into my backpack.

"I hope you didn't forget your dept" someone nudged my head from behind.

I turned my head to see Taehyung standing behind me.

"Dept?" I rubbed the area on my head he nudged.

"Today's lunch"

"Oh yeah" I stood up "Let's go to the canteen first"

We went to the canteen and sat down at the same table as the day before.

"Here" I handed him one of the sandwiches I prepared and watched him carefully as he took his first bite

"How does it taste?"

He waited a few seconds and answered afterwards "It's edible"

"Edible? Are you serious?" I raised my voice a ittle.

"Calm down, Hulk. It's just an ordinary sandwich."

Rolling my eyes, I decided to ignore his rudeness and changed the topic.

"Let's talk" I took a bite of my sandwich as well "We decided to talk another time, right? It's another time right now."

"I don't want to. I don't like talking while eating."

"Come on."

"No."

"But-" I attempted to speak, but was cut off.

"Are you on period or why are you so annoying today?"

Silence came over us until we finished eating.

"Considering your mood swings, it seems like you're the one who's on period" I muttered.

"Excuse me?" his expression softened and he let out a single giggle.

"Nothing."