Chapter 2 - The Beautiful Model

"Having fun cleaning the deck?" A bright green eyes stealing all of the air from my lungs.

"Umm," the wheels in my brain are working furiously to make a coherent sentence.

"I want to know what's so amusing about a steel framed deck." This time, it's the mesmerizing smile and dimples's turn to render my mind blank.

I inhale a long breath to clear my hypnotized mind. I give the beautiful blond a playful smile. "Well, if you spent four hours placing diamonds into this damned deck," I point at the deck, "anything is."

"Ah, got the unfortunate task, didn't you?" Cara shoots me an empathic smile.

"Yup, God forbid if the diamonds are placed by anyone else than the architect itself." I scoff as continue to place diamonds into the deck, not bothering what kind of constellation it formed.

"Wait," she holds her hands up, then points it at me. "You're the architect?"

"Yeah," I offer my hand to Cara, which she accepts, fortunately. "I'm Jess, the one who was crazy enough to accepted this project."

"Well, I am glad you did." Another crazy sexy smile. "I love what you did here. It will be amazing to walk on this runway tomorrow."

I grin broadly at her compliment. She loves my design! My mind quickly takes a quantum leap by wondering would she love anything else from me. "Thank you. Though I probably don't deserve the credit. With those thirty rejected designs, I figure even a grad student would hit the target sooner than me."

The tall model nods her head knowingly. "Yeah, those designers are sure hard to please sometimes." Her brilliant green eyes find mine below those thick eyelashes of hers. "But if the grad student took the project, then I wouldn't had the pleasure of meeting you here."

My mouth is practically open when I hear her words. Is she hitting on me? Not knowing where I find my courage, I flirt back. "Yeah? And would you love to meet me elsewhere?"

Cara leans back and bless me a mischievous smile. "Are you asking me on a date, Ms. Big Shot Architect?"

"Well, it depends on your answer, Ms. Delevingne."

"Ask me nicely then."

I take another breath. Before I ask Cara, I silently thank all of the star constellations above for blessing me with an impossible luck. "Will you have a dinner with me, Cara?"

"Oh, I don't know. I'm pretty busy this week." Oh, man. She's playing hard to get. She lets me fidgeting for a while before she answers. "Well, I suppose I can make a time for an architect as cute as you are."

Cute. Okay, I can live with that. "The day after the show? I figure you will attend the after party and all, so tomorrow is no good."

"Perfect," she fetches a card from her purse and writes someting on its back. "Here's my number and hotel address. You can pick me up there at seven."

I accept the card and planning to frame it later. Before I manage to say anything to prolong the conversation, she steps closer. "Will we have a rehearsal date at the after party tomorrow?"

I actually planned to ditch the after party and rest my poor fingers at home tomorrow night. But if Cara Delevingne wants me there, sure as hell I will be there. "Sure. Not that I need a rehearsal to make the actual date rocks your world."

"Ah, talented and probably overconfident." She wiggles her long slender finger at me. She sure looks happy at my newfound bravado. "You're sure full of surprises, Jess."

"Surprise, surprise." I extend my hand to my sides, grinning broadly. "Maybe you should stick around to find out more."

"Hmm. Maybe we'll see about that later." She winks at me before walking back to the backstage area.

I keep my eyes on Cara until she disappears into the fitting room. I sigh contentedly, still enjoying my glorious moment with Cara. Realizing I still have a deck to fill with diamonds, I reluctantly turn back to work on my deck. My mind, however, is still with the beautiful blond and her dazzling smile.