Chapter 14 - I'll Take The Risk

She holds up one finger. "Yes, I agree that it's too fast for us to talk about all of this." She waves at the space between our bodies and all of the unanswered questions which are hanging awkwardly in the air. My heart sinks instantly. Shit, she's going to shoot me down.

She holds up another finger. "You scared me at first, showing up unexpectedly in front of my door with these big talks of yours." One of her famous eyebrows rises as she gives me a pointed look. "I have to admit that I wasn't looking for anything serious when I first talked to you that day. I just thought that you were really cute and I'd like to know you."

Great. This is just great. I didn't fly all the way to London for this. I drop my shoulders in a defetead manners and sigh heavily. I brace myself and lift my head to look Cara in the eyes. "Look, Cara. I get it." I give her a strained smile and nod in understanding. "You don't have to explain anything. I screwed this up by moving too fast. I always do. So," I sigh again, to control my swelling disappointment inside, "I guess it's better that I leave now. Before everything gets more painfully awkward between us."

"No, silly." She holds my arms with both hands, restraining me from walking away from her. "Just hear me out please. You'll want to hear this. Promise."

"Okay, okay. Please do continue."

"The short version is that you surprised me. Not a lot of people would fly all the way here, when I already promised I'd visit them in just three days. That's so unnecessary and stupid," then I see her smiles sweetly, "but I like it anyway. You scared the hell out of me. You still do. But there is this something about you and this unexplainable pleasant feelings when I am with you," Cara steps closer to me, leaving no space between us now, "that make it's hard for me to run away."

My hands seems to agree with her when it find its way to her waist, pulling her closer to me. "Then don't," I whisper to her ear. "Let's be stupid and reckless for once. Fall with me, Cara. Because I think I already am." I land a soft kiss on her cheek. "Falling in love with you."

"I know. It's too late for me too."

We stayed in each other embrace for a long time. Both of us weren't too willing to be the one who break it first. Finally Cara breaks the silence and says, "Aren't you tired from your flight?"

"Guess so. But I don't want this to end too."

She chuckles and pulls away. I groan in disappointment when I miss the warmth of her body immediately. "Oh, come on, you big baby," she grabs my hand and drags me to her living room. She motions me to sit down on her couch then she goes to the kitchen. I hear her moves around the kitchen while I turn on the TV then absently watch an action movie which is on. The bustling sounds finally subsided and I look away from the TV and find Cara smiling at me. She returns with a cup of coffee and grilled cheese sandwich.

"Is it breakfast already?" I tease her choice of food for dinner, but smile appreciatively when she hands me the plate.

"Well, that's one of the things that you have to put up with me," she smirks, "the lack of cooking skills."

"I don't mind," I say before I bite into the sandwich. "I'm not much of a cook either."

"Well, then I guess we'll just have to live with Chinese take outs."

I stop mid-chew and mumble my protest to Cara. She's squinting her eyes, an eyebrow arched, clearly didn't get what I said. "What?"

"Pizza. Not Chinese take outs. I demand pizza. Always."

"There you go. The deal breaker." She smirks at me, then points at the door. "I think you better leave now, love. It's me or your pizzas."

I pretend to be shocked and put my hand across my chest right where my heart is. "That fast? We last only for five minutes?"

Cara laughs at my exaggerated expression while shaking her head. She pulls me closer, setting aside the half empty plate from my hand on the coffee table. "Well, I guess I could live for five more minutes with you."

"I don't think so, babe. Five more minutes with me, I promise you'll want more than that."

"Fine, I'll take the risk." Cara says with an alluring smile, right before we share our first kiss.