Chapter 10 - Victoria's Angel

"Hey, stranger," a husky voice is coming from the other end of the line.

"That's me," I laugh. "Hey, Cara."

"Jess." Damn, I love the way she says my name. With a sexy voice like that, it would be damn hard to think straight whenever I call her. "How's my favorite architect?"

"Moderately bored and extremely exhausted." I'm circling the rim of my wine glass, enjoying my deservedly break after a long day.

"Mmm," she hums sympathetically. "Sorry to hear that. But that's a wrong answer."

"It is?" I pause for a moment, midly confused. "Should I say, just peachy?"

"God, no. Never say that again," she chuckles. I can picture her dimpled smile. I miss her.

"Hmm, okay. What about," I say playfully, "terribly missing you here?"

"That's more like it," she says with a satisfied tone.

"Did you miss me too?" I tease her back.

"Oh, I don't know. That's kind of early to tell, isn't it?" Then she laughs heartily.

"Ugh, you little devil," I cannot hold back my delighted laugh, despite her cheeky comment.

We talked about anything and everything for a long time. It's definitely a positive sign that we could seamlessly move from one topic to another without any awkward gaps. And if there were any gaps, those were comfortable ones. She said that she loves to hear me moving around my apartment, doing my nighttime routines. Now we are comfortably tucked in and ready to go to sleep. When none of us obviously unwilling to finish our call yet, Cara suggests that we watch TV together until one of us is asleep.

We switch our TV on the same channel, which she graciously let me choose. I jokingly say that I want to watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show rerun. I am absolutely aware that Cara was in the show, which is confirmed by her annoyed groan when I said that. She tries to protest relentlessly, although it's a hopeless attempt. Of course I am terribly excited to watch beautiful women in lingerie, especially Cara. Remembering that those models might be one of Cara's friends and Cara wouldn't appreciate my enthusiastic comments about other women's amazing bodies, I plan to strictly keep my appreciative comments on the fashion, not on the models.

"Oh my God."

The words slip out off my mouth along with a sharp intake of breath when I see Cara walking down the runway with a perfect poise on TV. She is sexy as hell when she's fully clothed. She is dangerously sexy when she's partially clothed. But when she is wearing a revealing set of lingerie and her magnificent white Angel's wings, she's just too much for me to handle. I am utterly blown away by her perfectly sculptured body. It's too late to realize that watching Cara in lingerie while talking to her at the same time is a very, very bad idea.

"Just the exact reaction that I am hoping to get from you," she chuckles at my embarrassing reaction of her explosive figure.

"Oh, God," I groan when I see her wink seductively to the camera on screen. "Cara..." I cannot explain how incredibly excited she makes me feel right now.

"If you like it so much, I might give you a private show for you," she whispers seductively. Okay, what's happening right now? I swallow audibly, waiting for her to continue. She lets out another chuckles. "But only if you come here to London to visit me."

"London?" I repeat stupidly. "You want me to visit you there?"

"That's exactly what I said," she sounds amused at my disbelief. "So, come here and get your present," she pauses for an effect, "if you dare."

Private show. London. Visit Cara in London. Lingerie. Her sinfully amazing body. God, this is must be a dream. I probably drifted into sleep unconsciously while I was watching her and now I am in this too-damn-good-to-be-true dream. I pinch my arm real hard and wince. Ouch, not a dream. Her words are still not fully absorbed by me when she continues.

"Well, I'm going to sleep now and leave you to enjoy my body," she coughs playfully, "I mean, the show in peace. Sleep tight, Jess." Then with a playful tone, she adds, "if you able to get some after this."