Chapter # 14

Varun's POV
Today is my birthday. I am missing my mom because she always used to celebrate my birthday. No one remembers that today is my birthday even Shraddha didn't wished me last night. This lazy best friend is sleeping. I thought this would be a special day with my college friends. I got out of my thoughts and checked the alarm and realized that I am late for college. I took a glass of water and throw it on Sid. "Wake up sleepy head we are late for college." I said. "Man!! I hate college." Sid said waking up. "But man I love college. Now go and get ready." I said. How will be Shraddha looking today. Stupid Varun she always look beautiful. What if she wishes me in college. We got ready fast and I was late for the first time in my life. "Sir I am really sorry for being late. Can I come in?" I asked the professor. "No stay out of my class there's no need of late comers in here." Professor replied. "But sir it's my first time and you know I am one of the best students. I can't lose my studies." I protested. "Mr Dhawan don't argue I don't care if you lose your studies. Rules are rules for everyone. Now stand outside the class. You too Mr Malhotra stand outside the class." Professor shouted at us. Great every thing is going worse on this day as much as I wanted this day to be special the much it is getting worse. "Let's go to the canteen I am not standing here like a nursery kid." Sid said. "But Sid this is punishment." I said. "Varun grow up!! Who stands outside the class in college." Sid said and I nodded. "I am hungry." Sid said. "So am I." I said. We headed towards the canteen and saw Pari sitting there. We went towards her. She was using her mobile phone so she didn't noticed us. "Pari what are you doing here. You also got late?" I asked. "Nah the class was boring so I bunked plus you three were also not there." Pari replied. "What do you mean by you three where's Shraddha?" I asked worriedly. "Varun you don't know she's having high fever." Pari said. "What!! She was perfectly fine last night!! Oh my God please tell me how's she?" I said freaking out. "Varun we'll go see her after college now chill." Sid said. "Yeah Varun it's not so serious." Pari said. "No ways I am not staying here Pari handover me your room keys I am going to see Shraddha." I said and Pari gave me the keys. I ran towards my car and I was driving towards the girls hostel just then Punit stopped his car right in front of mine. Then he talked and talked. "You also skipped college?" I asked him. "Yeah I was getting bored of college so skipped it." Punit said. God!! Everyone here are so carefree. "Please Punit I am running late. So bye." I said. As I turned I heard a gun shot and felt so much pain in my body. I fell down and everything blacked out.
Shraddha's POV
Today is my Varun's birthday we are planning to give him a surprise. Pari must have said to him that I have high fever. Punit will stop him from coming here until all the arrangements are done. I heard a knock on the door and I took a final glance at myself in the mirror and went to open the door. Sid and Pari came and I received a message from Punit that Varun is coming. I was going to look at the arrangements just then I felt so much pain in my body I fell down and passed out. When I woke up I was in the hospital and Pari was sitting besides me. "Pari what happened to me and where's Varun?" I asked. "You just passed out and Sid got a call from Varun's phone that he is gun shot by someone." Pari explained and I can't stop tears coming out of my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but I was not able to speak up. "How's he now?" I finally spoke up. "He's out of danger now he's in the same hospital. You both were suffering from the same pain. The difference is he got shot and you did not." Pari said. I am so shocked. Is this some kind of great love story? Varun got hurt so we both are suffering. "Don't worry Sid is with him. He also has gained consciousness." Pari said. "Please I want to see him." I said crying. "Okay wait I will tell the nurse to bring a wheel chair for you." Pari said. "Pari." I called her name. "Yeah." She replied. "Do Varun know that I am in this hospital?" I asked. "Yeah he is also as much shocked as you are." She replied with a smile. The nurse came with the wheel chair and took me to Varun's room. When I saw him tears automatically rolled down from my eyes. "Varun who did this?" I asked him. "Punit did this." Varun replied. "What!! Why would he do this isn't he our friend?" I asked confusedly. "He was just being kind to win our trust. As soon as we trusted him. He tried to kill me just to get you." Varun said. "I tried to find him every where. The police is searching for him but he has just vanished. Nowhere to be seen." Sid said. "Sid common let's go out they want some time alone." Pari said and they left. I laid my head on Varun's chest and he kissed on my head. "Shraddha don't love me so much. I think Punit will return to kill me and get you. I don't want you to get hurt as much as I will get hurt." Varun said. "Varun love happens we can't do anything about it. Varun you are in me. If something will happen to you then it will happen to me. If Punit will kill you he will also kill me. So we are together forever. Okay?" I said. "Shraddha don't ever say anything about dying." Varun said and a tear rolled down from his eye. I quickly wiped it and pecked him on his lips. Soon Varun fell asleep and the nurse took me in my room.
.
.
.
.
A/N: So guys liked the twist? Punit is actually a bad guy and crazy too. Did you liked the part when they both suffered from equal pain? Now what will they do to? How will they find Punit? Want to know more so keep reading, liking, voting, commenting and sharing...
Love you all,
Ayesha!!!