Chapter 14: Confession

-Destiny-
There's only one week before the wedding and everyone is busy, including mom. I've been helping out just so mom wouldn't pester me and of course Sam is helping out as well but I haven't seen her for 2 days now after the whole cuddling thing. She was somewhat busy with the baking and modeling that she hasn't dropped by the house and honestly enough, I miss her. Ken was busy as well with helping out his dad in his business so basically, I'm stuck at home.

"Destiny, could you run to the store for me and buy some more ribbons?" Mom tells me as I sit on the couch, reading the book. "Kate's going with you since she needs to get something from the store across." She tells me before giving me a paper with her list on it. This is more than just a ribbon.

"Okay mom." I put the book down on the coffee table.

"Destiny." Mom calls out to me making me stop in the front door. "We need to talk about something later." I give her a nod before going to my car. Kate is already waiting for me there.

"I haven't seen Sam for a while now. Problems?" She asks as I pull out of the driveway.

"She's got things to do." I answer briefly not bothering to glance at her.

"Oh. Are you really going out with Sam?" She says making me sigh.

"I really don't see the problem with it." I try not to sound exasperated. Ever since Sam told Kate we're going out, she's been nonstop asking me if it's true.

"Sam is...she's just..." she tries to say something but I cut her off.

"What? A playgirl? That she'll just end up breaking my heart?" I challenge her. "Have you ever stopped and think that maybe I'm the player and not her? You really think I'm innocent?" I stop at a red light and look at her. "Tell me Kate, why does this bother you so much? And don't even bother giving me the bullshit you keep telling yourself." Silence envelops the car as Kate looks out the window the rest of the drive. I didn't bother asking Kate once again about the real reason she keeps trying to distance me from Sam. I go on and do my errand, trying to finish it as soon as possible so I can go home.

I walk back to my car and see Kate is there already. She seems to be thinking about something as I get closer to her, seeing her frown while biting her lip.

"You're finish with your errand? Cause I want to go home as soon as possible." I say to her making her snap out of her own head.

"Y-yeah. I'm good." She looks at me before looking at anywhere else but me. I unlock the doors and wait for her to buckle in before I drive us back to the house. Halfway through, Kate decides to turn on the radio. I just keep my eyes on the road rather than ask any questions which I know she'll never answer.

"It bothers me knowing you and Sam might be going out because...." Kate startles me when she suddenly speaks up as I stop the car in front of the house. She then looks at me. "Because I'm starting to fall for you Destiny." She opens her door before getting out of the car, leaving me bewildered and frozen in my seat. I shake myself out of my stunned state and quickly get out of the car, chasing after Kate.

"Stop!" I shout and she stops near the door, looking at me with confusion in her eyes. "What the hell was that?" I ask her as I walk to where she is. "Starting to like me? You're dating my brother! So don't play games with me." Her amber eyes harden as she glares at me.

"You think I like this? I love Jeff and I've been loving him since he and I got together but then you came along and suddenly I have all these feelings for you that aren't suppose to be there!" She tells me angrily. "But guess what Destiny? Sometimes you can't control who you fall in love with." She adds. I'm about to respond to her when I'm suddenly being pulled down and her lips are press against mine in a desperate kiss. With her lips moving against mine, I couldn't stop my eyes from closing but before I could respond I hear a car door slam. I pull away only to see Sam standing beside her car, looking lost as her eyes move from me to Kate and back.

"Sam." I start saying but she shakes her head. She starts moving but not to climb back inside her car but to march up to us on the porch. Her blue eyes fiery with rage as she looks at Kate before looking at me. She reaches us and I could feel the anger seeping through her. Kate looks at Sam directly in her eyes, standing her ground as if challenging the much taller girl to do anything. I was ready to intervene and explain to Sam that it's not what she thinks when Sam surprises me.

"I thought you like me?" Sam's blue eyes softens as she looks at me, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "Destiny, I don't get it. I thought you and I had mutual feelings for each other?" Her voice cracks as she says this to me. I can see her heart break as I stare into those now blue orbs. "But I guess Kate will always win." She turns on her heels but I grab her hand.

"Sam let me explain." I ignore Kate entirely as I walk in front of the girl. There are tears running down her cheeks. I don't notice Kate walking inside the house or anything else going around us. All I notice is the girl in front of me, crying silently and I feel guilty for it. Despite not labeling the relationship that we have, I know Sam has feelings for me.

"Sam please look at me." I tell her and she slowly meet my eyes. It hurts to see the pain in those blue eyes that always stuns me every time they lock with mine. I open my mouth to speak but Sam speaks up before I could utter a word.

"Do you like her?" She asks with a small voice I never heard. Sam was confident in all the things she did but this is the first time I see her in such vulnerable state. "Is that why you can't like me back?" She continues on. I try to say anything, tell her that no I don't like Kate that way but someone interrupts us before my mind could come up with anything.

"Samantha?" A man's voice says behind me and I notice the way Sam freezes on her spot as her eyes turn into shock before they become guarded, a look I'm very familiar with. Turning around, I see a man in a black shirt looking directly at Sam. "It really is you." The man says taking a step forward only to stop a few feet away from us. I look at the man then back to Sam.

"Dad." She utters one word and it clicks. This man is Sam's estranged dad but what the hell is he doing here?