Take It Off, She Said

PROMPT: It is VERY hot outside, and the AC is broken, so A and B are just lying around on the floor. A also happens to have a warm, fuzzy pet lying on their stomach... And is the one who won't stop complaining about the heat. After a while, B gets tired of all the complaining and tells A to "just take it off!" Does A realise what B means, and begrudgingly move the pet, and/or take it as an order to strip?

Bonus: Person C walks into the room, having come back from buying ice cream for everyone, and shouts "That's what (s)he/they said~!"

Of all the days that their air conditioning unit decides to break down and be rendered useless, it chose this particular day when it was blazing hot outside. Two bodies lie on the floor, one brunette and one redhead, getting their heated bodies cool down by the cold tiles. They can't be more thankful than now for refusing to get a carpeted floor apartment as they try to fight the heat through every means possible. Destiny sighs as she fans herself and the person beside her, cursing the ac and the late response of the repair guy. She's trying to stop herself from calling the guy again to tell him to hurry up since she can feel herself melting. She wipes the sweat that is rolling down the side of her face, doubling her effort in fanning herself.

"Where the hell is the repair guy?" Sam grudgingly asks, as she too wipes the sweat out of her forehead. "I now know how a bun feels like inside an oven and it's not a feeling I want to experience any other day." She adds getting a grunt from Destiny.

"He said he'll be here in an hour or two." Destiny checks her phone only to realize it's still 30 minutes from the last time she called the guy. "Maybe we should go out and hit the beach?" She suggests. Sam considers it but shakes the thought off.

"It's too hot babe and we'll fry ourselves in the beach. We need to be here so when the guy finally gets here, we can ask him what took him so long." She answers and Destiny agrees. It was really hot today in Los Angeles making it almost impossible to move due to the searing heat. "Seriously, it's freaking hot!" Sam exclaims making the cat jump before relaxing back down on her belly. Destiny stays silent as she directs her eyes to look at the furry animal snuggling comfortably on her girlfriend's stomach. She has mentally told herself that the cat is probably causing Sam to feel hotter than she already is but knows that if she suggests to just place the cat on the floor to her girlfriend that she would just shrug it off. She's just hoping the repair guy would arrive earlier than his promised time so they can cool off their bodies and not lie on the floor like they're doing now.

"Maybe you could call the guy again and tell him to hurry up." Sam suggests as she fans herself all the while stroking the cat gently. "Babe, it's so hot!" She groans again as sweat after sweat slides down the side of her face.

"I'm well aware of that babe. I'm lying on the floor with you." Destiny replies snarkily. She lost count on how many times she heard the other woman complain about the heat currently enveloping their apartment.

"I don't want to deal with your snark right now." Sam huffs, clearly pissed off at the heat and the attitude her girlfriend.

"It's not my fault that our ac unit broke down and also not my fault the guy is taking a while to get here." They both know it's the heat affecting their moods, who could blame them really. They woke up to find out it will be boiling hot today and that their ac needs to be fixed. "If it's too hot, just take it off." She states standing up. "I'm getting some water." She announces, leaving the redhead lying on the floor as she walks to the kitchen to get cold water for the both of them. Sam ponders what the brunette meant. She looks down at the cat lying on her stomach and she couldn't help but smile. She remembers the day they got the little thing. Destiny was adamant not to get a pet because they'll be both out of the house most of the day and no one will be able to take care of said pet. Then Sam's birthday came along and she was more than surprised to see a kitten inside the beautifully wrapped box. The cat's meowing gets her attention back to the present, she looks down and smiles at those green eyes.