Until We're Gray and Old Part 2

Soft kisses peppering across Sam's shoulders wakes her up from her wonderful dream and she can't even be mad at the person responsible for it. She turns around to be greeted by soft lips pressing softly on her own making her lean forward to get more pressure but the chuckle that makes its way to her ears makes her eyes flutter open and she's greeted by blue eyes filled with mirth.

"Good morning." Destiny whispers before kissing her gently once again, she smiles into the kiss the feeling of satisfaction and contentment coursing through her.

"A very good morning indeed." She replies getting another lighthearted chuckle from her wife. Clearly she's still over the moon at the knowledge that the breathtaking woman beside her is now her wife. "Is this real?" She asks.

"It is." Destiny answers taking her left hand and kissing it. The gold band on her finger tells her this is real and they're on their honeymoon. "You're stuck with me for all eternity." Destiny smirks.

"Mmm. It doesn't seem like such a daunting thing." Sam tells her scanning all over the brunette's face, noticing the sunlight creating a halo effect behind Destiny's head.

"We should go get breakfast or are you too tired from last night's activities?" Destiny grins, remembering what they have done last night.

"Mmm remind me what we did last night." Sam pulls her on top letting the sheets slide down their bodies. 

Destiny shakes her head but a smile still present on her face as she leans in to passionately kiss her wife. Before they can relive last night's activities, a grumble echoes around the room making them break their kiss to laugh. 

Sam blushes as Destiny laughs falling to the side. "Breakfast sounds perfect right about now." She mutters getting a harder laugh from the brunette.

Flashback

Sam watches as Ella chillingly looks at their joined hands before green eyes lock with hers. She is certain her hands are sweaty as her heart pounded against her chest but Destiny doesn't seem to mind, in fact she feels a squeeze as a sign of comfort.

"What is this about? I have a meeting to attend to." Ella states coldly already guessing what this visit is about.

"Mom, Destiny and I have some news." Sam starts, her voice shaking as she still fears her mother's reaction.

"Hurry up." The older woman responds.

"Destiny has asked me to marry her." The younger woman starts flinching slightly at the glare her mom is giving. "And I said yes." She finishes gripping the hand on her own tighter. She can see the jaw tightening, see the clenching of hands and the angry fire in her mother's eyes.

"Get out of my house." Ella hiss lowly standing up and glares at the two women. "Do not expect me to attend this wedding of yours." She turns away and Sam's heart still breaks despite knowing fully how her mom will react to such news. "Now get out." Sam knows this was her mom's way of ending the subject, she tugs at the hand standing up and leading Destiny out of the house. She wills herself not to cry but as soon as the car doors are slammed close, she breaks down. Destiny pulls Sam to her and rubs her back in comfort.

"I'm sorry." Destiny whispers. "Everything will get better love." She adds kissing the top of the woman's head.

"I just can't understand." Sam hiccups. "Why can't she just accept me, us? She's my mom." She finishes wiping her tears. "I should have known better." Sam shakes her head in disbelief.

"We can't force her to change her beliefs. All we can do is wait for her to come around." Destiny answers.

"And if she never comes around?" Sam doesn't mean to sound harsh but it comes off that way.