Epilogue

-Destiny-

I watch as the cloud slowly envelops the plane. It has been months since my dad's funeral. Mom and Jeff stayed for a few weeks after it before flying back to California. Kate flew back with them after getting closure with me. She wants to start a fresh new life and wants to stay friends with both Jeff and I. I got no problem with it and I know Jeff doesn't have either. As for Sam, she stayed a few days before leaving for Switzerland. She and I have maintained communication but seeing the time difference and the schedule, we don't have much time to talk to each other. I'm shake out of my thoughts as I hear the captain do his spiel about the landing routine. The seat belt sign has been turned on and I can see the flight attendants positioning themselves on their assigned seats. I wait for rubber to hit cement, signaling me that we have landed safely on the ground. The plane jolts to a stop before cruising itself on the runway towards the assigned gate. Everything is the same as the last time I was here. I wait for the plane to be properly dock onto the gate and for the seat belt sign to be turned off.

It feels just like a deja vu but not to the time I was here last summer but to way back when I was younger.

"Hey." I hear that familiar voice. I turn around to see the girl my heart yearns for. "Are you alone?" She asks with that smile. That's when everything clicks. The girl I had met the first time I got here after mom and dad divorced, is the same girl standing a few feet away from me. Her auburn hair shines against the airport lights, her blue-gray eyes shining brightly at me just like the first time.

"Hi." I say to her as she takes deliberate steps towards me.

"You remember me now?" She asks almost shyly.

"Yeah I do." I tell her as memories of my childhood come flooding back.

"Why are you alone?" A girl with auburn hair and bright bluish gray eyes asks me as I sit on my luggage while waiting for my mom to pick me up. I look at her almost warily before her warm smile meets me. "You want to sit with me over there with my mom?" She points to a woman sitting on the plastic seats. "Where's your mom?" She asks looking around. She was so curious it got my attention.

"She's on her way." I answer her and she seems pleased with herself for making me talk. "My dad and her are separated." I don't really know why I told her such an intimate thing but it felt right.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that." She says and her voice hold sadness in them. "Can we be friends?" The question takes me by surprise. She's so blunt and straightforward, it amazes me.

"Sure. I'd like that." I tell her and she engulfs me in a hug.

Looking back, I now know why it was so easy to be open to her. Even before my younger self knew, this is the girl I'm meant to be with. This is the girl who slowly healed me and this is the girl who held me in my darkest days.

"Took you a while." Sam says as she reaches me. She takes hold of my hand and it was at that moment that I felt at home. "I love you Destiny."

"I love you more Samantha." I reply to her as if it was what meant to be and it really is what meant to be. She leans down until her breath brushes my lips. Slowly our lips touch one another in a kiss that is full of love, adoration and the promise to love each other for all eternity.

-The End-

A/N: That's it for this story guys. Comment, vote and all other things if you wish to :) Until next time. Cheers!