Fine... (Chapter 23)

Everything was fine. I am 18 weeks pregnant. Things were becoming more real as our baby has started kicking. It was an exciting time, but always nerve-racking knowing everything that could go wrong. Things do happen. It was easier being back on Ambo. Things could still happen. I could fall, a patient could be violent, and just so many things could happen. I didn't want to think about that, but it's true. 

Matt and I got ready and walked into the firehouse together.  He grasped my hand " 18 weeks.." I laughed " yeah!" He looked at me " Everything is going to be fine baby.. just.. be careful out there..."  We went on a couple calls. I knew that this is where I wanted to be right now. I was happy to be here and everything is great. 

I felt a little different today. It was just this feeling in my body that I couldn't describe. I felt good, but I couldn't help and wonder if anything was wrong. I walked into the common area where everyone besides Casey was sitting. I sat down and just started to think. I kept wondering if I was okay. Hermann looked over at me and saw the look in my eyes " Dawson.. what's wrong?" I looked over at him and stuffed my feelings back inside " nothing... I'm okay." He recognized that look since he has five kids of his own " Dawson... I know that look.." I started to walk away to the locker room, but Hermann followed me. I sat down on the bench " Hermann.. I'm okay!" He sat down next to me and looked at me " Dawson... Cindy has done the same thing... what's wrong?" Tears started to run down my face  " I just have this feeling... I.. I don't know if it's okay.." He looked at me and put his hand on my stomach " Dawson.." I looked directly at him " Something wrong.." He looked at me and smiled        " no... the baby's kicking!" I laughed " what?!" He grabbed my hand and put it on my stomach " see.." I laughed " oh my god... I should have expected this i'm a paramedic.." He looked at me " This is different.. its new. your experiencing it for yourself and it is scary. Cindy was freaked out about these things to when she was first pregnant.." I smiled " thanks Hermann!" 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I really wanted to have a Hermann and Dawson scene like this. It made most sense. I just love the scenes they have together on the show!

Next chapter is coming real soon! :)