Chapter 17

Emma.

My eyes fluttered open as a ringing pierced through my ears, i squinted as the light hit my eyes taking in my surroundings realising i was still in Lacey's living room, i felt a movement from behind and smiled looking down seeing Lacey's arm wrapped tightly around my waist.

"Shut that phone up" She mumbled against the back of my neck.

The heat of her breath causing goosebumps to rise on my skin, a smile forming on my lips.

I glanced down at the floor where my phone was still ringing, i groaned and reached out for it but it was to far away and my body flopped off of the couch and onto the floor, my body landing with a thud.

"Ow" I groaned finally grabbing my phone.

"Are you okay?" Lacey quickly peeped her head down at me.

I just grumbled and answered my phone placing it to my ear.

"Whoever it is you better have a good reason for waking me up" I growled into the phone.

"Well hello to you too sis, always lovely to hear from you" I heard my brother from the other end.

"Oh my god Aaron" I said shocked winning raised eyebrows from Lacey.

"The one and only"

I was so stunned right now, i can't believe i am on the phone with my brother, and it's even weirder that we were only talking about him last night.

"Uhm is everything okay?" I asked suddenly feeling awkward now.

"Actually no, i'm outside the house but i noticed dad's car in the driveway, should i be worried?"

"Wait, You're at home?" I asked.

"Yeah, i got leave for 2 weeks" And i could just picture the smile on his face.

"Oh my god, uhm i'm not at home, i left when dad came back and announced he was engaged" I rolled my eyes as i told him.

"Did he do anything to you" He questioned his voice turning darker as he did.

"Aaron" I sighed.

"No Emma tell me now, did he do anything to you?" Aaron question clearly going to get an answer whether i wanted to give him one or not.

"How about you come see me and we'll talk about it later okay" I suggested and he sighed on the other end of the phone.

"Sure i guess, are you at Trisha's?"

"Uhm no actually, i'll give you the address and i'll explain everything" I glanced up at Lacey to check that she was okay with him coming here and she nodded softly with a hint of a smile.

"Alright, well text it to me and i'll see you in a bit"

"Okay bye"

I waited for him to respond before hanging up the phone and texting Aaron the street name and door number before placing it down on the wooden floor beneath me.

"You okay?" Emma asked me after a few seconds.

"Yeah just a little freaked out"

"I'm not surprised, we were only talking about him last night" Lacey sat up kicking the quilt to the floor, the central heating still on from last night making the house like an oven.

"Yeah i can't believe his here" I shook my head.

"Well it won't take him long to get here, so you might want to shower and get dressed" Lacey smiled.