Chapter 10

Lacey

I Have no idea what i was thinking inviting Emma into my home to stay the night, and for her to come here whenever she felt like she needed a safe haven, she is my student and i hardly know anything about her, i could get into serious trouble for this girl, and at the end of the day i will ask myself was she worth it? i really can't lose this job, it is my only source of income, i have worked hard to get to where i am today, and i can't throw it all away on some teenager.

But it's too late to take my words back now, i honestly wish that i had someone when i was going through what she is now, to tell me that i can go to them whenever i felt like i needed to get away from home, so even though i am her teacher, i can't allow her to be abused by her own father, can i? but if the principal or the police ever found out i would be majorly screwed, i'm supposed to hand this situation over to social services, but i have a feeling that Emma would never forgive me if i done that to her.

i shut the water off and stepped out of the shower wrapping myself up in a white fluffy towel, the shower has always been my serious thinking spot and i get so carried away and end up in the shower for over an hour, but i had to drag myself out of my thoughts, because i have a student roaming my house while i am in here naked.

i step out of the bathroom and into my room drying myself thoroughly before pulling out a pair of flannel pyjama bottoms and a oversize hoodie, this is appropriate to wear in front of one of my students right, all my skin is covered, well apart from my neck up of course. .

i run a brush through my damp hair, and leave it to dry on it's own as i make my way out of my bedroom and downstairs into the living room where Emma is sitting on my sofa watching Pretty Little Liars.

"I love this show" i tell her as i sit down on the opposite end of the sofa.

"Ugh me too, it's the one where they find Ian's body" Emma grinned not once looking away from the t.v, as she sat leaning forward, her legs tucked underneath her, clearly comfortable in my home after only being here for merely 2 hours.

"I Don't think i've seen this one" i tell her my eyes glancing towards the screen.

"what how can you not? i've seen this episode about three times"

"Hmm maybe because i have a life and have students papers to grade" i answer her.

"you're clearly not a PLL fan" Emma rolled her eyes.

"it's a good show, i just don't really watch a lot of t.v" i shrug.

"well i am going to make you watch every season, they're all on netflix" Emma turned to look at me.

"you can't make me do anything" i told her.

"we'll see, now sshh i want to watch this" she turned her attention back to my t.v and i shook my head chuckling silently to myself whilst shaking my head.

"being told to sshh in my own home by one of my students" i mumbled to myself under my breath.

"get used to it" i heard her answer me, even though i thought that she hadn't heard me.

"we'll see" i mimicked her.

This awarded me with a smile except it was aimed at the t.v instead of directly at me, but i knew that it was meant for me.

This whole situation really isn't okay.

I tried to focus my brain on the T.V to keep those thoughts from entering into my mind, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this scene.

No of course not because your teenage student isn't sitting on your sofa right now and you're not acting like two friends that are flirting to potentially be more.