Chapter 6

"Fuck" I cursed myself quietly.

I walked over to my desk lifting my handbag from the floor and rummaging through it until I found my phone.

I dialled the first person I could think of.

My best friend.

"Bailey, I need to get drunk" I told her.

"Well, bad day of teaching?" She asked me with a slight laugh to her tone.

"Something like that" I sighed running a hand through my hair.

"I'll be there at 6" she told me.

"Great" I hung up throwing my phone in my bag, collecting the rest of the work that I decided I would mark over the weekend, right now my head is all over the place, and my bright idea is to get absolutely paralytic so I can't remember it.

---

i walked into my house dumping the assignments and books on my desk and walking straight into my bathroom and turning on the hot shower, i stripped my clothes off and stepped under the water letting it relax my body.

i just keep playing the moment over and over again in my head, i can't believe she actually had the front to kiss me, and in school, is she crazy? no she's worse than that, she is bordering insanity, what if someone had seen us? oh god no what if someone did see? oh don't be silly Lacey you were the only ones in the classroom, and you can't see through your door so you're safe, no one saw you, but that was still an incredibly stupid thing for her to do, i am going to have a serious conversation with her on monday.

but i can't deny i did enjoy the kiss, the way her lips felt against mine, i could still taste the strawberry on my own when i licked them, and those tingles that went down my spine, her soft fingers pressing lightly into my hips as she held me, it was honestly such a perfect kiss, but i was so caught off guard and so in shock i couldn't help but respond to the kiss, until i realised what i was doing.

it was so stupid of me to kiss back, but i couldn't help it.

i groaned outloud to myself running my hands through my wet hair.

"what have you gotten yourself into Lacey?" i asked myself outloud.

"i need to talk to Bailey about this, ASAP" i quickly washed and jumped out of the shower draping a towel around my body.

At exactly 6pm there was a knock on my door, Bailey was always precise, if she told you a time that is the exact time she would be there.

i walked to the front door swinging it open to come face to face with my glorious ginger nut best friend.

"so what's the problem?" she asked as soon as she saw my face.

"i don't think i can talk about it until i have had atleast one drink" i told her.

Bailey lifted up her bag and pulled out a bottle of cheap red wine.

"always prepared" i say to her.

"of course you know me" she smirks and walks through my front door closing it behind her.

she pours us both a big glass of wine and we sit down on the stools at the island in the kitchen.

"spill it" she said.

"a student kissed me today" i told her.

"a student? or THE student?" she asked.

"The student" i sighed.

"wow, now from the beginning, don't leave out any details" she said as i took a big gulp of my wine.